Monday, April 09, 2007
I'm missing the Serve Team.
My qing ai de Denise and Me on Tiger Airways, TR128! =)
We were both damn tired then.
Tiffany and Weizhen, sitting behind us. The trip will not be the same without the both of them. =)
Russell-didi and Gary. Russell-didi was our photographer for the team and I like to irritate him by calling him didi. He's also widely known as our 38 (san ba) or information counter because he's really full of gossips la. Forget to tell you, one reason that our team become bonded was due to gossips. =X
And Gary is our very formidable cook! He really cooks very well. We were supposed to cook a few Singaporean dishes for the Thai people during our cultural exchange night and he did a fabulous job! His ginger chicken, sweet and sour pork, curry chicken bak kut teh, sambal kang kong , tang yuan etc were all yummilicious!! I wanted to try them desperately but the dishes were all cleaned out by our Thai guests.
My qing ai de loves her egg, but she doesn't know how to peel it. =X
Our lunch spot was at a restaurant called Cabbages & Condoms. Their special dish is even called that! I seriously can't imagine how it will taste and look like! And the condoms there are super cheap, like 5 baht for 1 piece of condom? I heard that in MOS or whatever club sell 1 piece of condom for S$3. So if you want to have sex don't do it in Singapore. Do it in Thailand.
Germaine and Debra seems excited to come to this place. But sad to say, the food here kinda sucks. All we had was a huge serving of white rice that is hard, and a pathetically small serving of some fish slices with cashew nuts and green pepper. Even their soup tasted like plain water.
That's part of the space where we were sleeping, and these are our mattress and pillows that will accompany us throughout the 12 days. They became part of our comfort zone.
Seriously, living in CSP is the best place of all, because it's actually quite near to the city. 7-11 is our favourite haunt, coming up next would be the laundry store, because we're all lazy to do our own laundry. And there's lots of authentic local food stores around so you don't have to worry that you'll be hungry. I even highlighted my hair there, though I have to say the outcome sucks. =X
Tiffany, Debra and I were the good girls and were helping to peel mangos. I love Thai mangoes! And btw, Tiffany in Thai means homosexual. =X
Another local simple dish I would not forget is their kway teow soup. We had that for breakfast most of the time. And their meatballs and soup base are all very special, probably because they like things sweet. I think I would miss that dish alot. =( And it's damn cheap. 1 bowl of kway teow only cost 20baht.
This picture looks like a typical family portrait right. That's my dear Adrian ah pa and Audrey ah ma. Denise hates Audrey to the core man. Hai difficult to explain la. You have to be in our team to know what's going on. =X *That's part of our gossip*
Shirin and me with our stalks of roses and those jasmine buds we wore on our necks. =)
In the end we don't want to hold on to our rose and jasmine buds that we gave them all to Adrian ah pa. He's even so sporting to let us take pictures of him looking like an Ah gua. LOl.
We have to teach some of the kids English. And their English standard is like for kindergarten kids for those Pri 6 standard.
But the kids are very diligent and attentive. And I think the experience is pretty fun. =)
We had pathetic packed lunch from the school. The food sucks la. Thankfully it's only once. =X
I love this picture, because the different coloured tees make us look so nice! =) We took this at some waterfall in a very secluded and ulu village. Managed to tour the place and the people there lived in those atap houses, and yet they had solar energy to generate electricity to them. So their lives aren't that bad ya. =X

This picture is taken after the whole team and the thai hosts gave me a good birthday surprise. Actually it was 2 days before my actual birthday, also the night before we were leaving CSP centre for the village school. But they were saying there's no birthday cakes and flowers in the rural village so they had an early celebration for me. =) And when they first brought out the cake I thought it was whose birthday and starting singing along with them. It's only a few seconds later that everyone was staring at me then I realise. =X
But really very touched by everyone's kind thoughts. =) The bouquet of flowers were really huge and fresh! Too bad I didn't bring it back to Singapore because it was already dried and I find it quite a hassle. =X At least I managed to get a bouquet of flowers for my birthday this year, because I told Jack I want that and he didn't gave me. =(
That's Benjamin (the guy with pink hair) and George and one of the cute little village boy. Benjamin is every Thai's favourite boy because I think he's decent looking and have that nice smile whenever he flashes his pearlies. =) I think Singaporeans won't agree with that because Singapore girls seems to like bad boys that the good ones. But I still like decent guys. =) I even managed to be his magic assistant during the cultural exchange night. Hehehz.
That small little boy was so fascinated by cameras and I lent him my T-1o to let him take pictures that he wanted.
Looks like he has much talent...
A close up picture of Debra's serious face when playing a Thai traditional short-put game.
I forgot the name of this boy, but he's very adorable and super close to Debra. On the last day at this village school, this boy gave Debra his buddha pendent before we left, and that left Debra with lots of sad emotions. I think Debra really misses that place alot.
The cute Thai kids. =)
We also went to a local bee farm. I'm quite excited because I thought we can get to drink honey. But Denise is more concerned about the bees there. Bees are her No.1 enemy. And poor Weizhen even got stung by a bee!
I took quite a few shots of Denise's helpless face. =P
And these weren't being posed for.
This girl really stood at the exact same spot most of the time. I only had fun taking pictures of her secretly.
A very nice picture of us at the beefarm, but a not so nice picture featuring me. =X
A very pretty Pi Kai and a very ugly me.
Most of the days after our construction, we'll probably pop by to this lake for banana boat rides. This should be one of the most enjoyable moments of the trip.
This shop is opened by a famous French wakeboarder who settled down here with his Thai wife. The next best thing about banana boat rides is also because there's a very shuai french dude driving the boat there.
Tiffany and I can't play the banana boat rides at first because of it's the time of our month. Hence we sit on the boat and took pictures.
This french guy is so cute right! He looks like he has zero fats la can!! OMG!!!
I love sitting at the tip of the boat too. Suddenly an inspiration just strunk me and I wish to learn how to drive a boat too! I thought about the house boat that Denise told me about in Adelaide. I want to live there with my friends too, having bbqs in the cold night and enjoying each other's company, looking at stars...
Ok at that point of time, I was day dreaming.
Anyway, I took this picture when the banana boat capsized and everyone had to swim back and climb onto the boat. The sad thing was, Adrian ah pa doesnt know how to swim, so he was swimming backstroke and he looked totally like a jellyfish. lOL.
I totally love this picture because we're all smiling so happily! Denise's hair is totally comparable to Medusa. LOl!
Another beautiful picture of the beautiful sunset with 2 beautiful ladies and a beautifully cute french dude. =D
I'll now fast forward to the last day of the trip which is our R&R in Chiang Mai.
Denise and I on the Tuk Tuk. =) Time in Chiang Mai like zoom past sooooo quickly!
Shopping there isn't as great as I expected. And I spent most money on getting gifts for friends and relatives rather than myself. Really sorry that I can't buy for everyone.
The things aren't that cheap as well. Wanted to buy a very nice bag, but one fake Chloe bag cost like S$200! I can buy an original Guess bag in Singapore!! And the tees aren't the kind I'm looking for as well. Hai!
But I did my first Thai massage and some high-end looking spa. It cost me 400 baht which is expensive because the rest of them did it for like 200-250 baht only. -_-'''
And the Thai massage is not bad, except the fact that the lady massage till those sensitive areas like near my crotch, and I'm thinking, how can a guy stand that kind of way of massaging ar?? Cannot understand. *shudders*
I'm really hoping to shop in Bangkok some day, best is with friends!! OH man! I hope my parents will allow me man. I want to go abroad with friends desperately la.
I know some people have waited for me to post this entry for a very long time. I'm sorry if it's not up to your standard because I've blogged this for don't know how many days and it's tiring to blog with pictures. Imagine those people who blog with edited photographs!
Anyway I'll blog more when I get all the pictures from Russell. I'm going to have a difficult time then again. =X
Labels: memorable dates, trips
0 people tried to mend this shattered heart