Monday, March 05, 2007

Zoo Zoo Zoo...How about You You You..

I have not been to the zoo for eons. Probably back in my primary school days.

But I'll be bring a bunch of kids to the zoo pretty soon. And Jack and I went to the zoo yesterday to see the Zoo-diac trail and watch the Happy Hogs show. =D The day before I went to the zoo, I was having a product launch at Vivo city for Acuvue Oasys. It's a bittersweet day. Sweet because I get to see all my nice colleagues like Junxiang, Nich jie-jie and my eye candy Brendan!!! =) Because it's a product launch, we also have to wear Arabian costumes to create awareness. It's fun you know, because you won't get to dress up for work that often.

But the bitter side was, the J&J people are not very please with us. Maybe because we were talking and our sales wasn't that great. But you can't blame us. They don't have fabulous promotions that day, and can't they approach us in a better way than to stand at one corner and gossiping about us. And I totally can't stand that Optometrist that day. I only can assume that Optometrist are stuck up snobs who totally thinks that they are the greatest. They are arrogant, and worse thing is, they don't like to do sales at all. Their job is to stay inside the cool shop and wait for people to come, then they will check their eye sight. And their job also includes spot checking on promoters like myself, then gossip with the J&J stuff. They are such bastards!!!

Before the Optometrist left, he was there reprimanding and claiming to "teach" me and Junxiang things. After he left, I was complaining to everyone about how pissed I am and how stuck-up he is! I don't really care if J&J want to sack us. If they think that their past promoters are so great, why don't they just employ the old promoters??

I vowed that I will treat all Optometrist like crap.

But the student optometrist there is very nice. She helped us kope free trials and that's why I have my Acuvue Oasys now. It feels just like MOist, except it's just a bi-weekly lens. That student optom also dont like that stupid stuck up OLD optom.
Ok, back to the zoo trip then.

I had work till quite late, and yet I woke up damn early that day just to go to the zoo. But it was all worth it! =)
As I thought, it was pretty crowded because it's the last day for the Hogs show, and I think alot of people are like us.
Just right in front of the entrance, there's a Cai Shen Ye giving out red packets to everyone. Of course it's not money, but there's a few discount coupons, including one $2 off for Ben & Jerry's! =)

That's our ang bao and tickets. I remember the tickets are that nice in the past. And the Singapore Zoo indeed has changed alot these years.

Jack and I at the Treetop trails. Coincidentally we both wear orange. Jack says he wore orange because he wants to be the same colour as the orang utans.

Jack and some ugly camel.We just briefly walked past the polar bear section because all the polar bears are sleeping. -_-''' This thing is more amusing to me. =P Yes I know I'm short, not like Nich jie jie. -_-'''

Rhino

The zoo is pretty boring when you're all grown up.

Zebra's Butt

Alot of animals are not trained to be camera ready and I don't know why but they like to show their butts. But these zebra's butts are nice right.


Giraffes

Lazy and boring lions.

They are so boring because all they do is sleep. But once, I saw the male lion humping the lioness! LOl. It's like the fucking kangaroos I saw in Perth.


Jack was so excited when he saw these proboscis monkeys. To tell the truth, I never see this kind of monkey before. Of course this monkey is a fake.

That's the real proboscis monkey. It had a big fat nose and looks exactly like a Yeti. I don't know why Jack likes them so much.

I don't know what type of monkey this is, but it has a BIG BLUE BUTT. He's trying to kiss his gf. =)



Jack and some chimps. This chimp is actually pointing middle finger can! So like humans. The baby chimp still self-entertain itself by playing with a sack. LOl cute la!! It's as cute as Jack's corgi.

Jack and I with the chimps.

In case you're wondering why my hair looks so weird, I tied up my hair.


Then we went to Children's World to Meet The ZooDiac Stars. And of course to watch the Happy Hogs show. =)

I remember when I was in primary school, the zoo seemed very BIG and the Children's World is really really far far away. But yesterday, we walked almost the whole of the zoo in a very short period of time.

Children's World used to be my favourite place but now it's kinda boring already. =X But well, at least we still can feed baby goats some rotten leaves, just like before. That dirty play pool which I used to like alot is also still there.

Children's World's pig used to be pink and cute like the pigs in Babe, but now they are all fat and black and ugly. These are pot-bellied pigs.



Some randome pics of the Happy Hogs Show. Frankly speaking, the show wasn't that nice as expected la. It's more of a kids show.

So we start heading to the Amphitheatre to catch the Wonders of the Wild show. Yea that show is loads more interesting.



On our way there, we past a garden and they have plants of different kinds of animals. The giraffe is the nicest!! =)


Jack and the prosperity pig plant. This is cute man!
Taken while walking...


Us while waiting for the Wonders of the Wild show

The show is much nicer. There's a spider monkey which actually stole somebody's drink and gave everyone a horror. And the sealion is cool man!! =)


Butterflies in the fragile forest can fly around the place freely. It's pretty cool.


There are a few mousedeers that run around too. The eyes is cool man. It reflects while I take its picture.


We stayed at the baboons area for the longest period I guess, partially because it's raining.
And baboons behave alot like human beings. Like this picture, the female is picking ticks of the male's fur.


Even the way they hold things are like human beings, just that they walk more with their arms than their legs.


This blog entry is getting a bit long winded and I'm tired of posting pictures. =X So that's for all.


Shall go and disturb Jack's corgi puppy now. He's so cute!!! But he's teething and will bite, and I think Jack doesn't know how to toilet-trained the dog properly.


Hai~ If only I have a golden retriever puppy. I'll call it Gigi. =)


[PS: I want a pair of baby blue croc pumps. =( ]

Labels:

this heart of mine confessed at 3/05/2007 01:21:00 PM
0 people tried to mend this shattered heart

The Blogger.

  • Sarah, Shu Wen
  • 27 March 1989
  • sarah_coolz89@hotmail.com
  • Xinmin Secondary [2002-2005], TJC [2006], NP-Business Studies [2006-200?]

Those Days


Tagboard