Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Zoo trip, Meetups, Movie! =)

I wanted to blog about my Chen Su Lan zoo trip long ago, but it take ages to finish this post. I always end up getting too tired and giving up blogging about that.

Anyway on Tuesday, I had to organise a zoo trip for Chen Su Lan Methodist Children's Home as our pre-service project before going to Thailand.

I had to wake up early in the morning to meet Debra and collect 55 heavy packets of Bee Hoon. It's really damn heavy can. Thankfully we managed to hail a cab and it took us damn long to reach the Home because the uncle doesnt know his way. -_-''' Hate it when such things happen.

It was pretty screwed up. We were supposed to meet at the Home first, but a lot of our students didn't meet at the HOme but at the zoo itself and they told us all about that on that fateful morning. But thankfully attendance for the day is quite ok. We have 21 kids : 21 NP peeps.

I think in the morning Adrian is pretty mad, because I'm such a lousy coordinator. But after that, things seemed to turn better. I'm grateful that most people turned up.

Then Adrian matched us with 1 kid each. And I got this very very cute boy wearing a Mr Bean's shirt! =)

At first the boy seemed to run about with other kids and playing with them and he seemed to ignore me. Then I thought to myself that I'm going to have a hard time.

But I was wrong!

King Kong ( the boy's nickname) is a real good boy, and he's one of the most obedient ones who do not run about like other mad kids. =X


That happened after I spoke to him nicely yet seriously on an eye level. Then he was a very good boy and hold my hands wherever I go.

I think all of us volunteers were damn tired after the first half of the trip. I didn't sweat as much as I did when I went to the zoo with Jack few weeks ago. Having kids with you is not easy man.

That's King Kong and Me at the white tiger area. Yes, I know my hair looks like crap. What do you expect when you run around with kids?

And King Kong is such a cutie right! He somehow looks like Chin Woo and the way he behaves is totally like my brother, just that King Kong is smarter.

I took a picture of Denise and her buddy, Trudy too.

Trudy is stuck with Denise ever since on the bus. She is mentally slower. At first she's real close with Denise, but after sometime, Trudy starts giving Denise a real hard time, like running off on her own, leaving poor Denise to chase her. Hai, it's tiring.

But they seem to have the same kind of oval-shaped face.

I didn't manage to take lots of pictures, because it's tough doing that when you have a kid holding your hand, and at the same time trying to make sure everyone is moving together.

This is King Kong when he's eating his bee hoon. Lol. He stopped eating and smiled for me when I took out the camera. So CUTE!!!


And I like the time when the kids sit around in a circle and singing their prayers before eating, and thanking us. LOl really felt v touched, and that choking throat sensation happened again.


And I think the kids enjoyed it most when they're at Children's World Play Land. The kids play and we sit down and watch them and at the same time take a break.

Adrian cut short the time we're supposed to leave. So everything ended at around 3.30pm.

Wanted to take 138 and go straight to Jack's place for a bath at first, but nobody wants to board the bus so I had to sacrifice. =(

On the bus home, I wanted to sit with King Kong too, but this small boy forced me to sit beside me. =X


I don't even know what his name is. Lol but I think I sort of have the 'hai zi yuan' aka fate with children. The kids seem to smile to me more, and they like to hold my hands, even though I'm not their buddy. =)

And this boy is so weird la. Seriously I was pretty scared of him. =X

That's King Kong when he just woke up and totally have that blur look. So cute right!! I remember the way my brother slept is exactly like him.

I feel kinda bad that I didn't bring any sweets. I wanted to buy him toys because he said he really like those toys. And then he saw some caps too and then I asked him why he didn't wore a cap today. He just replied that he doesn't have one. =(

And when I told him I'm not allowed to buy him things, he didn't complain or throw tantrum but accept the fact. Hai~ poor kids. If we buy them things, the guardians will force them to give it back to us.

How I wish my son would be like King Kong too. So cute! A little mischievous but obedient. And I think his real name is Madrid (pronounced as mer-drid), but alot of the other kids call him mad-rid instead.

Yep, I'm going to name my future son Madrid and my future daughter Iris. They sound simple and nice, but I have yet to know what it means.

~~~~~~~

Wednesday was a meetup with Ling and Eve. =) It has been ages since I've last seen them.

Ling and I went to XM chorale to see how the choir is so far. They are having their SYF real soon but I think their standard is not really GOLD standard yet. I think going back makes me feel real old. God! I've graduated for a year plus already, and I only know the Sec 4 juniors. So I think I won't really go back next year anymore.

Mr Yong kept asking me and Ling for our opinions, but I think those comments that we said doesn't really make much sense because we have left choir for so long and I don't think our comments are credible anymore. I think my listening and maybe pitching have gone rusty already. =X

Then we met Eve at Hougang Mall as they want to give me birthday gifts in advance. =) Really happy la! And I just realised I haven't got Eve her birthday present. Think I'll get something from THailand then.

We wanted to catch a movie, but Ling wasn't feeling too well so they came to my house after eating very late lunch at Long John's.

By the time they reached my house it was already 6.30pm so we watched tv all the way and waited for Hana Kimi. =) And then after that show, it was another 2 more hours of tv watching till 10pm, and then I walked them to the bus stop.

It's a normal day and it's cool to chill out watching tv together all day, because Ling and Eve will talk about the shows and what's going on. Beats watching tv alone ya!

And guess what they got for me for my birthday? Lots of things that got to do with lavender. =)

Have you eaten lavender truffles before? Trust me, it feels as if you're eating the whole bar of lavender soap. Kinda not used to the taste, but I totally love the smell. Eve bought me assorted truffles too, with green tea and all, but I've not touched them yet. And they also bought me a Original Source Lavender and Tea Tree shower gel. It smells so good can! =)

Thanks alot guys!! Totally enjoyed yesterday! =)

~~~~

I woke up today feeling pretty xing fu. I was really tired and slept very well, until Jack called me and woke me up. The previous night I told him I want him to buy Mac's Hotcakes for me, if not he's going to pay for my movie tickets.

LOL. So poor Jack really did what I told him too. LOl! It feels so good to have breakfast immediately when you wake up! I don't have that kind of treatment for ages.
So really thanks alot! =D

Managed to watch Spongebob and Pucca and all the nice cartoons only available during the school holidays. Yes I know I'm 18, but I still enjoy watching cartoons ok. I even watched Sesame Street. When you have nothing to watch in the afternoon you'll watch Kids Central.

And then, we went to Adecco to settle some work stuffs, and then head off to Cineleisure to catch a movie! I've not watched movies for quite a long time. That's because there's no nice movies recently.

Caught my debut M18 show in the cinema. Yea, I'm still a few days to being 18, but thankfully they allowed me to watch it. I was being checked twice before I watched my movie ok! It sucks to have baby face. -_-'''

Yep yep! I watched 300 today!! Superb show man, though many people think it's a guy show. But I totally understand what it's talking about and I love it! I prefer such shows compared to those movies where the actors and actresses speaks in old English like those thou, thy, shalt, etc ways. It's irritating la. Can't they say things directly instead of saying things in a poetic manner? Makes me so confused. Some examples are Pride and Prejudice and Tristan and Isolde. Nice story line but I won't watch it twice.

But 300 is nice!! It's something like Troy, but I think there's more fighting and violent. And gasps!! There's some clips of sex scenes! But what to do, those actresses have nice figures. There's one pretty actress in the show and some old waxy-faced man had to lick her face or something. Damn gross can!

But I totally enjoyed the show! I think I'll enjoy this more than if I watched Cyborg. =)

Then after movie we ate at Chicago Steakhouse. Price is quite reasonable, if you exclude the stupid 10% Service charge and 5% GST. Imagine how eating in restaurants will suck if the GST increases to 7%. Jack say we can't have restaurant food that often anymore.

So I had a Ribeye steak meal and Jack had some Ocean catch. Though it's consider pretty cheap, but I don't really enjoy the food there, sad to say. Botak Jones is way more fabulous and it doesnt come with the service charge and GST! And Botak Jones Ribeye steak compared to Chicago steakhouse is WAYYYYY more juicy and tender and delicious.

Anyway, I didn't really spend much today, because movie tickets and dinner were provided by Jack! That's because Jack owed me 15 bucks in the first place and he say that dinner is supposed to be for my birthday. I hope I still have my birthday present. =X


~~~~

Well, got to sleep early tonight because I'll be working at Vivo City AGAIN on Friday and Sunday. Friday is ok because it's only 3 to 10pm. =) But Sunday will be quite a drag. =(

Yeah! I can wear my skinnies tomorrow! =)

Labels:

this heart of mine confessed at 3/14/2007 12:09:00 AM
0 people tried to mend this shattered heart

The Blogger.

  • Sarah, Shu Wen
  • 27 March 1989
  • sarah_coolz89@hotmail.com
  • Xinmin Secondary [2002-2005], TJC [2006], NP-Business Studies [2006-200?]

Those Days


Tagboard