Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Happy VDAY Everyone!!!
Ok la, I have to admit, that I'm more excited about CNY than Vday. Who cares about Vday? It's only a day where restaurants can marked up their prices and florists earned the most profit in the entire year. If boyfriends really want to show their love for their girlfriends, they can give flowers and treat them to good food anytime of the year. Best is a flower a day ya?? LOL.
Anyway, before Vday, I was hearing some people complaining that "Vday is the most annoying day of the year" or "Vday sucks!". It's pretty annoying you know. It's like they are trying to make those people with dates feel guilty, and then be paiseh that they have a date. -_-''' Worse still, dampening the spirits of others.
It's not that I'm trying to hao lian or what la. This year I also can say don't have a date lor. But still, I'm happy because Vday to me is not only spent with your lover. Even when I don't have a date/boyfriend in the past, I always looked forward to Vday and like it very much, because to me, it's sort of a present-exchange-day for all the girls and their classmates. It's fun and I'll never forget that!
Guess it's because of Xinmin culture, or perhaps most Secondary schools and JCs have the trend of exchanging Vday gifts. I remember helping Choir sell roses and cookies on Vday. And then there was a period where giving each other flowers was a trend, and the girls always buy roses and daisies and lilies for other girls or teachers. It's really sweet!! And I remember my successful hand-made Vday cards I made for my close friends. =)
Even my brother went to NTUC last night and bought lots of marshmellows to share with his classmates. His friends too, were buying different sweets and chocolates for Vday aka present-exchange-day. =)
And today I was really happy, because early in the morning (or rather afternoon) when I woke up, I saw Eve's SMS wishing me Happy Vday! It's really a good feeling. And many people SMS me and tell me they love me too! LOL!
I prefer spending Vday with girls seriously. Imagine a whole bunch of girls walking in a straight line in Orchard Road, and then do lots of shopping, eat lots of desserts and good food, sharing gossips over meals. That's the best hobby I would like to have. =X
Just celebrated Nadine's birthday at her house. Wanxin and Yixin pang seh us, and left me and Denise with Nadine's friends. Of course it feels weird for 2 groups of friends around, so Denise and I were chatting most of the time. I think Nadine is so xing fu to have such a huge bunch of good friends that always plan surprises for each other. Denise is xing fu too, maybe except for Vday. =X
I'm the most not xing fu one. =(
I have a feeling the Golden Pig year will be bad for me. =(
Hmm I'm sacrificing my Vday night blogging and doing abit of things for the gifts I bought for my lovely TB06, which will be seperated REAL SOOON. Should thank Boonie for that idea. =) And my lovely classmates who see this, if you want part of my love, come find me and get your Vday gift. Hint: It's something practical and cute and can be used during exams. =)
And are we still going for reunion dinner at Tian Tian Steamboat or somewhere near there??
[PS: I hope I have motivation to study for BMGT. I miss my Elvin too. =(
Happy Valentine's Day to ALL GIRLS who read this, and to Elvin. *shy smile* ]
Anyway, before Vday, I was hearing some people complaining that "Vday is the most annoying day of the year" or "Vday sucks!". It's pretty annoying you know. It's like they are trying to make those people with dates feel guilty, and then be paiseh that they have a date. -_-''' Worse still, dampening the spirits of others.
It's not that I'm trying to hao lian or what la. This year I also can say don't have a date lor. But still, I'm happy because Vday to me is not only spent with your lover. Even when I don't have a date/boyfriend in the past, I always looked forward to Vday and like it very much, because to me, it's sort of a present-exchange-day for all the girls and their classmates. It's fun and I'll never forget that!
Guess it's because of Xinmin culture, or perhaps most Secondary schools and JCs have the trend of exchanging Vday gifts. I remember helping Choir sell roses and cookies on Vday. And then there was a period where giving each other flowers was a trend, and the girls always buy roses and daisies and lilies for other girls or teachers. It's really sweet!! And I remember my successful hand-made Vday cards I made for my close friends. =)
Even my brother went to NTUC last night and bought lots of marshmellows to share with his classmates. His friends too, were buying different sweets and chocolates for Vday aka present-exchange-day. =)
And today I was really happy, because early in the morning (or rather afternoon) when I woke up, I saw Eve's SMS wishing me Happy Vday! It's really a good feeling. And many people SMS me and tell me they love me too! LOL!
I prefer spending Vday with girls seriously. Imagine a whole bunch of girls walking in a straight line in Orchard Road, and then do lots of shopping, eat lots of desserts and good food, sharing gossips over meals. That's the best hobby I would like to have. =X
Just celebrated Nadine's birthday at her house. Wanxin and Yixin pang seh us, and left me and Denise with Nadine's friends. Of course it feels weird for 2 groups of friends around, so Denise and I were chatting most of the time. I think Nadine is so xing fu to have such a huge bunch of good friends that always plan surprises for each other. Denise is xing fu too, maybe except for Vday. =X
I'm the most not xing fu one. =(
I have a feeling the Golden Pig year will be bad for me. =(
Hmm I'm sacrificing my Vday night blogging and doing abit of things for the gifts I bought for my lovely TB06, which will be seperated REAL SOOON. Should thank Boonie for that idea. =) And my lovely classmates who see this, if you want part of my love, come find me and get your Vday gift. Hint: It's something practical and cute and can be used during exams. =)
And are we still going for reunion dinner at Tian Tian Steamboat or somewhere near there??
[PS: I hope I have motivation to study for BMGT. I miss my Elvin too. =(
Happy Valentine's Day to ALL GIRLS who read this, and to Elvin. *shy smile* ]
Labels: everyday stuffs, musings
this heart of mine confessed at 2/14/2007 11:42:00 PM
0 people tried to mend this shattered heart
0 people tried to mend this shattered heart