Friday, February 02, 2007

Dreadful days.

Finally study week is here, but I only managed to force myself to study abit yesterday. *groans* I really have no mood to study la.

Although my room is a very conducive place to study, I'm growing to dislike the silence of the house. Worse of all, I'm always distracted to do other things on my lappy besides studying. Oh please help me!!
Just like yesterday, I was suppose to practise my BCA exercises so I turned on my lappy, but who knows, I started surfing the net for adoption centres. And that goes on for like hours! So I spend the entire afternoon surfing for stuffs like that instead of studying. -_-'''


Ok la, I hate to admit. I got this 'plan' of adopting kittens or dogs for Jack as a Vday thing since it's FREE, and he wants a pet. Ya I know I'm very stupid. Because afterall, I realise that having a pet is such an important decision and I don't have the right to make that decision.


Anyway, I just found out that there are so many pets out there waiting to be adopted. It's damn scary, and most of them are mixed breed mutts/mongreals aka the ugly dogs. =X Ok, I'm a very pragmatic person la, and I don't really fancy mixed breeds. It's like very rare and occasionally you'll get to see some special breeds or cute ones, but they are being fostered out really soon. Shih Tzus and JRTs and maltese are very common breeds found on the website. And most of them are already full grown dogs.


Cats and Guinea Pigs are even more prominent. Oh man. I wonder why those cats in my neighbourhood can't stop mating and keep making baby cries-soundalike sounds.


Anyway, I contacted a few (really few) persons and this lady who is looking for fosterer for a 2 months female JRT contacted me just now. (JRTs are one of the better breeds already.)


That is the picture provided in the website. I don't know how the dog is like in real life, but the person has asked me when to view the dog. If not, the owner is going to put her to sleep. =(

It really makes me excited to get a dog too, but then when I think of the downside (the training etc), I don't think I'm a person who can have dogs as pets. I need somebody to help me. And I might not have enough time to spend time with the dog, especially when my house is so quiet all the time.

Anyway, I told Jack about this and I hope he will adopt it (provided this dog is cute/pretty and healthy).

Boonie told me that those puppies in pet shops are being kept till when they are 6 months old. When it's more than 6 months old and still unsold, they will put the puppies to sleep. Hai that's such a cruel thing to do right. And I'm guilty of being that kind of person that will buy puppies instead of dogs. =X

Adoption is always better than buying a dog. That's what those websites always say.

Plus point is, it's free and you can help to save the dog from being put to sleep!

Minus point is, usually dogs for adoption are not those nice breeds like your huskies and retrievers or corgis or what have you. These dogs might not have been sterilised, vaccinated and micro-chipped too. And these dogs are usually older or might have previous owners, so it might be more difficult to train?

Ahh!! I think I'll stick to fishes and hamsters. They have shorter life spans and I don't feel hurt when they die. =X

[PS: Sometimes I think I'm abit too kpo??]

Labels:

this heart of mine confessed at 2/02/2007 06:30:00 PM
0 people tried to mend this shattered heart

The Blogger.

  • Sarah, Shu Wen
  • 27 March 1989
  • sarah_coolz89@hotmail.com
  • Xinmin Secondary [2002-2005], TJC [2006], NP-Business Studies [2006-200?]

Those Days


Tagboard