Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Wanxin and I are so ke lian. =(
The nurse from National Skin Centre called me today, and told me that my blood test results were out. It seems that I'm iron-deficient, which I'm unsurprised to hear.

It must be because of not eating vegetables for the past few years ever since I was born, and not having enough iron intake. =( Just last year, I do not have regular bowels because I did not eat enough vegetables and fruits. Ok I know it sounds weird to say it out here, but that was one of the illness I had. I was so scared then that I had constipation or something more serious.
Wanxin and I had the same fate. =( We both have working parents and have to settle our 3 meals outside 24/7. Hence we have the same kind of illness and it seems untreatable, or rather, require a longer time to treat.
I'm so scared that I will never be back to normal again.
Seriously I'm so sick and tired of eating takeaways even though the food outside is more appealing and yummy and have a large variety. Now, just a homecook meal alone can make my day. I'm really dying to have my 3 meals at home. I don't mind being fat, at least my meals are regular and healthier.
Imagine the amount of fat, oil, MSG and whatever I have consumed throughout these years. I think my life has shortened for around 5 years!
Knowing that I must eat homecook meals, I can't do anything about it either. I usually settle my dinner outside because I will reach home pretty late and I won't have the mood to really whip up something to eat. Expecting my parents to cook dinner for me would be impossible too.
So I've decided, that I must be motivated and determine enough to only eat healthy food. At least a meal a day is better than nothing.
I just went to NTUC to buy a box of muesli bars and a little box of cornflakes. That shall be my first step to eat food that contains iron. People say an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Maybe a muesli bar a day for me will work.
So, I plan to do all of these to improve my overall health.
- On days where I can eat at coffeeshop, I shall da-bao a box of rice full of vegetables. Ya, I know there's MSG still, but at least there's still iron.
- I read a website and it says that drinking water is essential. So I shall try my very best to drink as much water as I can. Perhaps I shall buy that water dispenser from Action City.
- Of course the same thing applies, eat cornflakes or a muesli bar a day because it has all the essential vitamins and minerals we need. I think I'll grow fat after eating all these, but hai, what to do. There's always sacrifices we have to make.
- I know we're actualy supposed to exercise 3 times a week, but once a week for me should be good enough ba. =X Better than nothing right? And I'm becoming physically very inactive now, because I think that jogging makes my calves look bigger and hence I stopped. Maybe I should join Amore soon or something, like learning kick-boxing and such. At least better than nothing la. But I need the financial support of my mum. =X
- Try my very best not to sleep late. I think I shall train myself not to sleep after 3am. We're young now so we can take it, but as time goes by, I think all the side effects will creep in gradually.

I hope I would be determined enough to do this. I hope by next year, it will be a brand new me. =)
Labels: everyday stuffs
this heart of mine confessed at 1/17/2007 11:34:00 PM
0 people tried to mend this shattered heart
0 people tried to mend this shattered heart