Monday, January 15, 2007

Homosexuals interview.

It's my first time doing interviews. The feeling of interviewing someone you practically don't know, and throwing all sorts of personal questions and having the desired answers, all I can say, it feels great! It's like I'm a news reporter! Lol, maybe I shouldn't study business studies ya?

But I think the videoing of the interview kinda sucks and have not much feeling that it's a interview. But I think the conversations we had were really informative and I learnt much more about homosexualities and its origin and how they feel, what they do.

We interviewed a pure gay, a bisexual and a straight person, who once had a liking for someone of the same gender.

Well, there's lots of debates and whatevers about how homosexuality origins. I believe that homosexuals are mostly born, whereas the environment plays a lesser importance.

But I was just talking to Benjamin about this, and he strongly insists that nobody is born to be a homosexual.

Well, whatever the way. It actually varies from person to person. The pure gay I spoke to was a very nice person and he shared alot of interesting information. He himself said that gays are born, while environment plays an important role, but not as strongly as being born with it, because people who are affected by environment can change through counselling etc. On the other hand, the bisexual is actually discovered her lesbian-side when she's in a single-sex school. But now, she's slowly gradually reverting back to becoming straight.

My IAC teacher said that, a certain percentage of straight people, do harbour romantic feelings for the same sex at least once in their life. This is perfectly normal, because according to him, humans lie in between this scale of 0 to 100, where 100 is being pure homosexual and 0 being pure straight. Eg. Person A lies at 55. He may be a straight person on normal circumstances, but there may be a situation or an incident that awakened his homosexual-side, and thus might harbour certain feelings for the person of the same gender.

Believe it or not, these are all hypothesis and theories and whatsoever. Even the homosexuals themselves are unsure about how it originated.

But homosexuals do exist as early as during the olden medieval times. They are just being hushed up that's all.

And it gets pretty infuriating how those people who are so sticked to the teachings of their religions, kept insisting that homosexuals are NOT born, just because they believe everything has got to be Adam and Eve. To a large extent or little, it actually has something to do biologically.

But homosexual origins aside, I think homosexuals hope that the society would of course learn to accept who they are and not discriminate them. I think it's perfectly alright for homosexuals to be together since they do not harm us in anyway either. I don't know if we are that ready for gay marriages and all that, but as long as they dont pollute our culture or anything, it should be fine.

Labels:

this heart of mine confessed at 1/15/2007 11:00:00 PM
0 people tried to mend this shattered heart

The Blogger.

  • Sarah, Shu Wen
  • 27 March 1989
  • sarah_coolz89@hotmail.com
  • Xinmin Secondary [2002-2005], TJC [2006], NP-Business Studies [2006-200?]

Those Days


Tagboard