Monday, January 01, 2007

Bye Bye 2006. Hello 2007.

Since I have nothing to do now, I might as well blogged and maybe get into the mood for some reflections of the new year.

2006 is a so-so year I guess, pretty emo too, due to various reasons. Or perhaps I'm becoming more and more emotionally weak or sensitive? Lol I don't know.

But there are certainly happy times and bad times. Seem to remember more bad times though. Those scary moments where tears can just flow out of my eyes uncontrollably regardless where I am. It's really scary, and I remember telling others proudly that I won't cry easily.
I have to admit that many situations and events in our life always sort of changes us to be someone whom we don't want to be, or someone whom we are not. The only challenge is to find out who you really are at the end of the day. Don't let others change you, but change yourself for the better.
Some of the better things this year would be getting to know some of the dear girls in NP. =) They certainly made my year a better one. Let's hope 2007 would be a even better one for all of us.

And of course Jack who has been enduring my complains and rants all these while. We have our insecurities and bad times are inevitable, but let's hope that less of such would happen in the new year.
Anyway before this gets boring and emo, let's talked about some of the things I did during the last few hours of 2006.
Before going out, I went to Jack's house to help him dye his hair. But I think I still need practise with dyeing of hair. =X

Da Shao Ye~


His super black hair with strands of white hair lying in midst. Jack was damn xing fu can. He was eating noodles while I helped him dye his hair. Why am I not treated like that?? =( There's not even a thank you from him. =(


The after effect was not too bad ba. =X At least there were some colour, just that there are a few patches of hair which are darker than the rest.


Then after that, we head down to City Hall. By that time I was already starving so we went to eat Sizzler. =)


We've wanted to eat Sizzler since Christmas, but we never had to chance to go out since. And I'm looking forward to it because it was supposed to be Jack's treat. =)


And so we went, and they are having some festive menu, which is of course, much more expensive than the normal menu. -_-'''



I felt so cheated when I saw this is what we had for the Mixed Grilled platter for 2. It cost $63.99 just like that ok, but of course we have unlimited servings of soup, salads, fruits, cakes, sundaes and chilled prawns. =)

Yummy Yummy food!


Both of us were really really full after that, but I still regretted not eating more. I have not tried all their food. =X



In the end the total amount was over $70. -_-''' And I had to chip in too. So it's not exactly Jack's treat after all. =X



After eating we were both quite broke already. [ I've said before that I overspent this month.] So we just window-shopped after that. Sad to say, I did not get much during the Post Christmas Sale, except for my Peppermint Foot care products. =(



Jack and his brother.


We walked into Carrefour unknowingly and saw this cute monkey. Actually there's nothing really much to see at Carrefour. We kinda walked around and talked about how nice it would have been if our plans were successful. =) But of course, with lack of planning, our plans are not successful and results in a bit of walking around aimlessly.


So there's nothing much to do, so we decided to chill at Starbucks [My favouritest cafe]. =)


My favouritest drink-Java Chip Frappuccino with added whipped cream and extra chocolate powder. =)

Jack likes his Chocolate Chip Frappucinno too.

So in the end we stayed in the cosy Starbucks and read newspaper while enjoying our drink. I sat there till I'm about to fall asleep, so we decided to head to Esplanade and wait for the fireworks. =)

We were saying 'BOOM' while taking that. But mine look so I don't know what.

And by that time, I think both of are pretty tired after that. I'm tired because I don't have 10 hours of sleep, and he's tired because he didn't really sleep the previous night.

Finally waiting and sitting on that wet sandy ground till our butts hurt and our legs turned numb, the fireworks began! =)



But sad la, there's nobody counting down at all. So lousy.





We were quite lucky because we got a very good spot. The fireworks was exactly facing us and it seemed so close to us. I took these pics with the 'Fireworks' function of my camera. I'm kinda not used to this rambutan-like effect but it seemed kinda cool, and I definitely need more practice taking fireworks shots. =)
After the fireworks we headed to Clarke Quay. Actually wanted to go for some drinks, but I think it was pretty crowded and both of us were sort of not 'ON', so we took the last few trains home. =(
I think Jack would enjoy it more if he was with large groups of people.

Oh well, let's wait till I'm 18, but I have a feeling I don't like the loud music and all. I just want the drinks. =X

And of course I need to have some New Year resolutions right. That's like the main purpose of why I'm blogging today.

  1. Revamp my wardrobe, re-organise my shelfs, throw away unwanted stuffs, and clear my table for the upcoming CNY. Somebody please help me find a motivation to do that.
  2. Study and do my tutorials on time, and make me more motivated in doing projects. =)
  3. Increase my sales target from the previous time. You know I always feel so bad and guilty after working because my sales is always so poor, even though the place is damn good. I never exceed my sales beyond 20 before. =( So for tomorrow, I aim to sell at least 10 boxes. That's the very very least.
  4. Treat the people around me better by complaining lesser. In this way, Denise and Nadine and Yixin won't have a terrible time with me. =X Speaking of them, I really miss them loads. I can't wait to see all of them. =) And not to forget, Jack as well. Think he listens to my complains till he's so immune to it. And I shall refrain from whacking Jack too much. =X
  5. Try to appreciate and the little happiness around me so that I won't always feel so sad and pathetic.
  6. Start to have a healthy diet and have enough exercise [maybe joining Amore, any takers?] so that I won't fall sick so often like last year. I think I visited the doctor quite a few times last year and it's really really bad.
  7. Shall try my very very best to sleep early because Boonie say that it's best to sleep between 11pm to 3am. It's ok not to sleep at the time after that. I think that's very true. I've been feeling very tired even if I have 8 hours of sleep, but I slept after 3am.
  8. Start doing things more for myself rather than others. I should always live for myself and make myself happy. =)
  9. Be more thrifty and only spend more during sales. I should start saving for rainy days, because you never know when you need money.
  10. Always lend a helping hand when others need them. It's pays to have good karma. You never know when you need other's help too.

Today is also my parents' 20th anniversary. I wish them happiness and health throughout this year. =)

Happy 2007 everyone! May the new year be a better one, and throw away all your past grudges and sorrows of 2006, because this is a fresh beginning. =)

My First Photograph of the Year. =)

Labels:

this heart of mine confessed at 1/01/2007 05:50:00 PM
0 people tried to mend this shattered heart

The Blogger.

  • Sarah, Shu Wen
  • 27 March 1989
  • sarah_coolz89@hotmail.com
  • Xinmin Secondary [2002-2005], TJC [2006], NP-Business Studies [2006-200?]

Those Days


Tagboard