Monday, November 13, 2006

Nanyang Optics @ j8

Yep, been slogging my guts out at J8's Nanyang optics during the weekends. The job is not bad I would say. And if I can handle, I might consider working for long.
Hmm Saturday was working Aloysius because he had to train me. But when I first reached there, he wasn't there and the staffs and Nanyang Optics kinda ignored me. =X Then I was standing there like a blur block for few minutes. Until when the person of the company came to spot check me, then I roughly know what things to do. And after Aloysius came, I feel less tense immediately, probably because seeing an ex-Xinminian gives me a very 'qin qie' feeling. =)

Of course, being my shifu, Aloysius is very pro in psycho-ing customers to buy those expensive contact lenses. And on Saturday we sold 35 boxes, in which I only managed to sell 1 box myself. -_-''' But well, it's definitely not so boring with somebody accompanying you while working, further more it's someone from your Secondary school, so there's definitely lots to talk about. =)
Speaking of which, this job reminds me the fact that I admire charismatic guys alot. =) They never fail to make me feel good about myself. On contrary, I dislike people who say things to put me down, when in the first place I did not say anything bad about you at all. Simply very irritating.
Anyway on Sunday I was there at J8 again, but this time I was alone. I was kinda sad and desperate and also tired. For the entire afternoon I only sold 3 pathetic boxes. And Aloysius said before if my sales isn't very good, J&J will sack me! =X I was so sad throughout the entire day, until I met this very charismatic customer as well. He sort of motivated me after chatting with me and I felt better after that. Well that customer happened to be a NYJC teacher and he also teaches Bonn. It was really nice talking to these charismatic people. =)

So at the end of Sunday, I sold 11 boxes. =X Which is not bad for a first-timer already la. =X

Hmm and I'm working this Saturday at Century Square again. Hmm it's pretty stressful for me seriously. I nearly broke down yesterday because I was so stressed up and tired already and there's piles of homework for me to do. Thankfully I just finished my BCA. Hmm I hope the remaining days will be much better hopefully. I must also start doing my homework whenever I have the time.
Anyway while working on Saturday, I saw a lot of little kids dragging along those cute helium-filled balloons with shapes of kitties, and puppies and all kind of cute cute stuffs. =) I was so fascinated! Then during my break, I went to take a look and I caught my eyes on this piggy balloon!! So cute! =)

Yep the picture is very blur I know. In the end I made lots of noise and Jack bought that piggy balloon for me! =) He's name is called Gip! Gip is really adorable! He makes a good kicking bag too! I can always kick him when I'm in a bad mood, like now.
But Gip is now kinda deflating soon. Soon he'll shrivel up and become an ugly pig. =( But well, the lady told me I can always pump in more helium whenever I want. =)


Hmm actually I'm supposed to walk Gip, but I prefer to hug and carry him, since he's so light! =)

Ok I look so happy, and kinda siao siao in those pics, but seriously I'm not feeling like that now. I feel kinda miserable. Sometimes I really feel that everyone is so consumed in their own world that no one really bothers. After a long and tiring day at school, I returned to an empty house that is dark and cold, windows not open, with silence that is so deafening. Sometimes I wished I can go home everyday with my mum cooking dinner in the kitchen, and I'm allowed to sneak into the kitchen to steal food while she's cooking. All I want is somebody to ask me how my day is, not someone who nags at me all day and ask me all sorts of questions. I really get tired of answering questions sometimes you know.

Hmm I think I'm feeling like this partially because of the stress I'm having, but also, I think I should acknowledge the fact that I tend to self-pity.

Hope tomorrow will be a better day and I'll get used to all these soon. I guess I should really be independent though sometimes I really don't want to be too independent. I don't have much choice. I guess I should be the one loving myself more than anyone else. =)

Labels:

this heart of mine confessed at 11/13/2006 11:58:00 PM
0 people tried to mend this shattered heart

The Blogger.

  • Sarah, Shu Wen
  • 27 March 1989
  • sarah_coolz89@hotmail.com
  • Xinmin Secondary [2002-2005], TJC [2006], NP-Business Studies [2006-200?]

Those Days


Tagboard