Sunday, August 06, 2006
Fireworks by Italia! =)
Anyway, today is quite a nice day for me. I'm a happy girl! =)
First went to Marina Square and Suntec to shop, or rather, walk around quite aimlessly. That's where I bought my earphones at Carrefour! =)
Then after that during Dinnertime, we went to Citilink Mall's new New York cafe/restaurant for dinner. I think it just opened and there were many people queing to get in. The queue was like SO long like you'll see in special occasions, eg Valentine's Day. But thankfully only the both of us went to eat, and so it's easier to get a table. =D The new place is very cool! I love the design! And they have a pool table and cotton candy machine too!!

That's the menu for the cafe. It's quite interesting-in the form of a newspaper. And an expensive one too, because it wrote that one menu cost US$25. Lolx.
We ordered 2 pastas and a dessert. Usually dessert come after the main course, but in this case the ice cream came first. It was weird of course, but we had no choice but to finish the ice cream first before it melts.
I forgot the name of the sundae. It was OK la. But abit not very worth it come to think of it, because a $7.90 ice cream at Swensen's is nicer. We wanted to have Fried Banana Split, but it was out of stock. Next time I'm going to try their fondue or their Hot Velvety Chocolate. =)
I had this Fried Fish penne or something like that. It's very bland, and thus I conclude is very healthy. =X Had to add several helpings of pepper before I can bear the taste. =X And I think they name for their food is too long because now I had a hard time remembering them. =X
Jack had some pasta with roasted chicken. Again, the food tasted quite bland. Think they add very little seasoning in their food. The portion is little, but creamy sauce certainly makes you really full!
And Jack is trying to act that he's a beast. LOLX stupid.

Jack seems unpleased with his food. He eats like a kid too. Whahhaha! Actually I think the pasta wasn't that nice. Maybe next time I'll try the Seafood Platter or maybe their ribeye steak. =) We seem to make all the wrong choices. =X
So after our dinner, we went to Marina Bay to catch the fireworks by Italy. =)
Some pictures we took before we reached there.



The fireworks was not bad, but not as nice as the one I saw last year. =X They always had the same few kinds of fireworks and colours. And they only had 1 or 2 of those really cool ones. But it was fun!
It's my first time going to Marina Bay to watch and first time watching with Jack. =) Oh I kinda regretted not going to watch with him somehow. =X But anyway, I think the only good thing about Marina Bay is that not alot of people cram at the same place to watch fireworks, unlike at Esplanade. But the bad thing is, you have to walk quite a distance before reaching the good spot to catch the fireworks!
Haha but I enjoyed myself. =D Marina Bay is darker and more windy I feel. =)
Too bad I only took videos of the fireworks on my phone camera. And it feels kinda weird because it has Jack and my stupid comments throughout the whole video. We are both dumb asses. =X
Now I feel like watching the rest of the fireworks display in all 4 days. =) And not to forget catching it with TB06 on National Day. But I think only half the class will appear though. =X But it's alright!! I'm looking forward to that. Hopefully it'll be nice too! =D I'm going to bring my camera!
In the meantime, I got to remind myself that exams are approaching in 12 days time!!! I better start studying!!!! ARGH!
0 people tried to mend this shattered heart