Friday, June 16, 2006
Happy Birthday MY MEMORY BOX! =D
It was start up on 15 June 2004, with the help of Ben Liew. Actually I had a Blogger account a long time ago, but I was a computer idiot, so I need someone's help to start it up. I remember my first skin was a orange template of moon and stars with Britney's Everytime playing as a background music. Ben even had snow flakes falling down from my blog! It was kind of nice actually, subtracting away the falling snow flakes and the background music. =X After that I realise that those things irritates you when reading a blog. Just keep it simple.
Then after that I kept changing into a few skins. There's this sexy Britney one, the Moo Moo cow, Inuyasha, etc etc. I like the Inuyasha one, but the picture seemed to give up on me, therefore I changed to my current skin on Ji Mi which I have been using for quite some time, after I changed my blog address to xiaoyezhong.blogspot.com. Well I think lavenderina was kinda act cute after some time and xiaoyezhong sounds abit bitchy and cute too. Further more, Boonie kept calling me that at that time.
I love my skin now. It's simple, neat and gives me a calmy feeling. =X Best of all, the pictures can be seen easily too. =) Pictures tell a thousand words.
Why do people want to keep blogs? Update them so frequently, trying to upload the nicest pictures, now even videos on it, and god-knows-what in the future?
Well I don't really know why I started a blog. It's not only a 'fashion statement', but also I like the idea of keeping memories that will remind me of the past, and then smile or cry at them, see how much I've grown all over the years and how much things have changed. I always try to keep my blog very truthful, saying things on how I really feel, because good or bad, I want to be reminded of them in the future. Maybe that's how we grow. Learning to treasure certain things over the time, and learning to let go of things we cannot reach for.
But of course, sometimes truth hurts and what you said in a slip of mind can hurt others. But I'll take that as a learning experience, and whenever I looked back at those posts I will be reminded to think before I speak.
Besides this online Memory Box, I have a offline Memory Box too. =)
My Memory Box is now filled to the brim with memories that I want to keep a lifetime. Maybe when I'm old and dying, and I looked back at those little things I have, I can still smile at them and remember the days when I'm young.
Inside the box, there's ....
Photographs. Lots of them! Those when I'm young, those taken with 505, with my primary school friends, my family, choir mates etc. Photographs are the best things to keep memories. Looking back them make me realise how much I've missed 505. =(
Handmade bookmarks from Bernice! Think these were mostly from Sec 1 and I remember she give us lots of other handmade stuffies too. =)


These are some encouragement letter or cards that I received over the years. Some are those where people tell you how much they treasure you as a friends. Some are those where others wish you good luck and 'Jia You' for your exams and the Os. And some of them are just written because the person happen to think of you and write a short note to brighten your day.
I think I must have been the most xing fu person, because I have so many visible blessings from all my friends, wishing the best for me. =)
And these are the birthday cards I received! Bernice always had handmade cards for me! And Angie gave me an expensive Forever Friends kind of card for me each year on my birthday. I remember the first card I got was full of wishes from 2e5 because Angie 'secretly' pass the card around the class, but I got to know about it in the end too. Lolx. I think I will still smile whenever I look at that.
And of course Christmas cards from everyone, even long lost friends. Bernice always send a handmade Christmas card without fail! =) And there's also my one and only Christmas card from Lim Kim, when we were closer. Lolx that's funny!
Melizo II and III booklets. Yea it's ugly I know, but this event is quite a major one for choir. I got closer to alot of choir people through this 2 events. I hope there will be a Melizo IV next next year instead of a sucky aesthetics night. Haix it really sucks pretty much. =X

And these are some significant group pictures. From top left (clockwise): The photo where XM chorale got Gold, 3e3'05 class photo and my first OBS watch with shuai Gidian as our leader. =)

Close friends from 2e5 should know this pretty well. This is the last page cover from an issue of Reader's Digest. I was so obsessed with this picture because the newborn baby was so innocent and cute! And I kept telling everyone that this is my son called Jamie. I don't know why but I'm obsessed with that name too. =X
This is a scandalous picture of Bernice and Esmond during Sec 2. Of course they were just putting on a show. Lolx. I don't know why I still keep this picture.
This is my first fully filled diary, filled with all the incidents about my first crush. Lolx yea I know it's dumb. But well I was pretty naive at the moment perhaps. I have not read the contents for a long time already. Maybe I will laugh at all those times.
This keychain is from my primary school best friend, Sharon, who is also the same Sharon from 4e5. I don't know why but after we graduate from primary school we grew distant as time goes by. Haix, maybe I'm not a good friend. =X Oh well, I remember the 2 of us were inseparable during primary school and we share all sorts of secrets and gossips too. =)
This red little folder may seem normal, but it has many photographs taken when we were in Sec1. You can tell how nerdy we were in the past and how much we have changed over the years. The guys become more shuai and the girls look prettier now. =)
That's the sweetest vday gift I had from Angie. It's simple, cute and sweet. I totally didn't expect this and it was a pleasant surprise for me. It's really cute!!
And that's my very first lavender I got. I got it on 12 June 2004. =) Now my lavender is more dried up and looks pretty nice, with the dried buds dropping now. =)

After digging out the things out from My Memory Box, my room is that messy. But it was all worthwhile, because it makes me feel glad looking at all these things again. =)
Perhaps what I've said may bring back any unpleasant memories or whatsoever, but the purpose of this post is to remind myself that I should always treasure my friends and I take this entry to thank all those who have been contributing to My Memory Box. Thank you! =D
[PS: I will try to blog a little about Genting soon. =X Kinda lazy these days. ]
0 people tried to mend this shattered heart



