Sunday, May 28, 2006

Expectations and Disappointment.

I went to Raffles City's Starbucks in the morning to finish my CIP PBL project. The ambience there is great, and it's cool to go there especially on rainy days. There weren't many people in the morning and we manage to get the sofa seat at the corner. Best of all, there was a plug so we can still charge our lappy.

I love my lappy to bits! He's my No.1 companion! I'm inseparable with him, although he's fat and grey and fat and square and grey and fat. =X

We finished our project in a miraculous 4 hours. That's pretty fast isn't it? But I have a feeling I just rush through the work. I'm not exactly very interested in doing that. And I don't know how I'm going to study for my CIP test next week.

Oh! I got my white eyeliner from The FACE Shop. It's like, finally. I had a hard time looking for it!! And I'm so happy I got it. And when I was about to pay, I realise I lost my wallet!!!! *gasp*
I knew immediately I left it at Starbucks because that's the only place I've been. So Denise helped me pay for it first and then I rushed off back to Raffles City to look for my wallet. If my wallet is gone, it would be such a heart pain, because there's my Student ez-link, my tertiary ex-link, my NP student ID, my IC, my atm card, and many many nice neos!!!! Money is not a problem, because I dont have money anyway. =)

But thankfully, my wallet was lying under the sofa at the same spot. It was so embarrassing. 2 guys were sitting there, and then I mumbled a barely audible "Sorry" and then I bent down to reach for my wallet. I think those 2 guys must be staring at me, and then without looking at them, I quickly walked away. =X

ARGH!!!! I have no face now!!!!!

But at least I got my wallet back and I can go home. =)

Anyway the main thing I'm going to talk about it expectations and disappointment. Ya, those 2 are closely linked. And there's also the Law of Increasing Disappointment [adapted from the Law of Increasing Opportunity Cost] . Ok, I know this is crap and I'm sounding more and more like Terence, but somehow it makes sense to me.

The more you expect from something, you will get even more disappointed. Lolx. Ok lame. Everyone will expect something. I remember Danny told me before that because you treat this person as a good friend, therefore you'll expect more of the person. It's true, if you don't treat a person with more importance, you will never expect much from him because it's really none of your business. But if you hold this person onto some regard, you will definitely have a little expectation of him.

However, I do agree with Pinky. Expectations will only get you more disappointed [Law of Increasing Disappointment], and it's not healthy at all. The higher order of that would be to accept things at it is, and not expect so much. Be contented. But of course, it's not easy to achieve that. We might end up being a pushover, or be somebody whom you don't like to be. I don't know. All I know is that if you really cherish someone, you won't expect much, because you'll let the person be whatever he wants to be. Most of the time, we also get disappointed because we focus on other's flaws more than their strengths. Humans tend to look at the ugly side of things, although most of them hoped to see beautiful things. No matter how ugly something is, it will have it's own beauty.

Therefore the cure to all this shit, is probably just to focus more on other's strengths than their flaws.

Ok, I dont know what shit I'm talking about. Must be too engross with Economics. Oh well, I can't wait for common test to be over now! Hope this week would be a good one. =)

this heart of mine confessed at 5/28/2006 06:16:00 PM
0 people tried to mend this shattered heart

The Blogger.

  • Sarah, Shu Wen
  • 27 March 1989
  • sarah_coolz89@hotmail.com
  • Xinmin Secondary [2002-2005], TJC [2006], NP-Business Studies [2006-200?]

Those Days


Tagboard