Monday, February 13, 2006

Decided

Hmm after days of pestering by my parents, aunties, uncles etc, I think I've made up my mind to stay in TJ.

Yea, it's not the choice I really like. Maybe this time I choose to be more practical. I know I have to slog for 2 more years again, and it's definitely going to be more difficult than O's.

I chose JC in the end because I'm unsure of what course to take in Poly. Seriously Nursing is my major choice, but then I was appalled that the cut off point for Nursing is 28!!! That's a total wastage of resources.

Another reason is probably because of my parents. I know they like me to go to JC. And my dad would be proud of it. Yea, Pinky was right. In the end I still had to follow my parent's wishes. In the end I'm still that coward who doesn't dare to take risks. Anyway, isn't it great to be able to listen to your parent's advices now? There may be one day where you yearn to hear advices from your parents, but they can no longer give you one. Isn't that sad?

Felix also told me that going to JC may be a blessing in disguise. The 2 years may be a waste of time because you might learn totally irrelevant stuff, but if you look at it positively, you may gain new insights. And the 2 years can be a good gauge of what you really want to do in the future and make your passion stronger; for my case which is Nursing.

I think many people despise the Nursing course. People start giving me faces of unbelieve when I told them I wish to take Nursing. But seriously, Nursing is a important sector in the future because Singapore is turning into a Health Care Hub. And the senior posts earn quite a few bucks. Ms Lim (CT) told me today that the general knowledge of doctors and nurses are quite similar, except that the doctor can operate on patients while the nurses can't.

Hmm maybe after the 2 years I wish to pursue something different, something I never thought of.

2 years is neither too long not too short. But it's good enough to kill you. =X
I know it won't be easy for us if I go to JC, but perhaps this is an obstacle we have to go through. I hope he has faith in me.

Ok, all the best to those going to Poly. I'm so envious of you. Dyed hair and a new lappy. That's my dream. The opportunity cost of going to JC is too high.

this heart of mine confessed at 2/13/2006 11:30:00 PM
0 people tried to mend this shattered heart

The Blogger.

  • Sarah, Shu Wen
  • 27 March 1989
  • sarah_coolz89@hotmail.com
  • Xinmin Secondary [2002-2005], TJC [2006], NP-Business Studies [2006-200?]

Those Days


Tagboard