Saturday, February 11, 2006

Am I making the right choice?

Hmm results are out! Fate wants me to go to JC. I questioned Fate, " Are you really dependable?"

Yep. My results:
English-B3
Combined Humanities-A1
Geography-A1
Mathematics-A1
A. Mathematics-A1
Physics-A2
Chemistry-B3
Higher Chinese-B3

Overall I had 8. Not too bad I guess. I didnt expect to get such grades. The shocking ones were probably my languages. I didnt expect my English to be that bad. I thought I might improve to an A2. And I didnt expect my HCL to be better. I actually expected a B4.

But oh well, the rest were great! =)

Hmm I think Xinmin did great this year. Everyone were around 7-9. That's good! When I first received my results, I think I was kind of overwhelmed, and I felt like crying. It was weird. But after a while it was ok.

I think my papa did well, but his stupid English and Humanities killed him. Oh well, the rest is A1s ok. -_-'''

I was only excited for the first few moments in school, and was quite sure I'm going to JC. But as I ponder more, I feel that I'm like forcing myself to be in JC. I dont like lectures in JC. I dont like the subjects we take in JC. AHHH!!!

But everyone expects/wants me to go there.

The whole day is like receiving phone calls, SMSes asking how well I've fared. I'm quite irritated by that seriously.

Some are out of plain concern, like Yan Yee and Cherence. =) I'm really surprise Cherence will sms me and ask me bout about mine and weien's results. Haha, she loves me more than Weien. =P
Some are out of kpo-ness, like my aunts and blah blah who-so-ever whom I'm not very close to. I totally hate that. Then they'll start congratulating me as if I'm getting married or something.
Some are out of making comparisons. They just ask how much u get and then if they realise they are worse than you they'll just walk away.

People ask so much about your results, where you'll be going and all that. But when you ask them for advices, they will never give u an appropriate one.
That's the sad truth.

The only ones who are really happy about my results are my parents, and maybe my brother, because he can eat Fish and Co because of me. =)
If I tell them now then I want to go to Poly, I think they will freak out. I think Papa will freak out too, ya Papa? And that Horny Bastard would say that I'm dumb.

Pinky told me that I should follow what I like. Yea I know what I like, but somehow I'm quite pragmatic too. =X That's the problem. Going to Poly to take Nursing could be some of risk, I know. But if I go JC and go to a uni, it's like I'm doing what most Singaporeans youth are doing.

So the choice is between pramatism or doing what I really like.

Fate is making life difficult for me. Maybe I shouldn't think so much also, and just be dumb and get on with a dreadful life in JC. That's the best route ya? Like what most people said. Whatever it is, I still have 3 more days to decide.

~OUT~

this heart of mine confessed at 2/11/2006 12:27:00 AM
0 people tried to mend this shattered heart

The Blogger.

  • Sarah, Shu Wen
  • 27 March 1989
  • sarah_coolz89@hotmail.com
  • Xinmin Secondary [2002-2005], TJC [2006], NP-Business Studies [2006-200?]

Those Days


Tagboard