Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Late Christmas Post

Hmm apparently I'm quite busy during the Christmas period because I STILL HAVE TO WORK!! Therefore the delay in the updates. But Christmas this year was different. Kind of experience the Christmas mood weeks ago, maybe because I'm working in town and there's so much decorations that make me feel so Christmas-sy. And also spending it with different people.

I had to work extra hours on Christmas Eve -_-'''. Then after work I met Jack and went to play, without any idea where to go in the first place. Wanted to have a taste of celebrating in Orchard at first. But apparently there's nothing to do except drifting with the crowd. -_-''' It's not really my cup of tea, unless I'm there being crazy with a bunch of crazy friends I guess.

So we headed to Suntec, because I had a craving for Swensen's. But all the shops were closing and we missed Swensen's last order. So ended up having Surf n' Turf instead. I was shock to see the price of the menu, because it didnt tally with the prices shown outside. But nevermind, I have Nets. =)


This is the only blur photo I took of the food. Because most of the time I was busy eating. =) I had crayfish and grilled chicken. The chicken is damn good!!! Crayfish so-so only. And the veggies suck like hell because they tasted raw. We also had scallops and Banana Smoothie. =D So you can imagine how much weight I'm going to put on.

Think that's the only photo that can 'jian de ren' because my eye bags are the least obvious already. But still I look sleepy. [Imagine working all day] After that we went to Esplanade for a walk to digest the huge amount of food I've consumed. Yea that's how I passed Christmas Eve to Christmas.

Actually I miss celebrating with my family.

When I reached home, my mum gave me my prezzie. She's really very funny this year man. Guess what she bought me?


A set of Pilot pens!!!!!

I almost fainted seeing that. It's way too practical for a gift ya? And you won't believe what she got for my brother.

A Neutrogena facial cleanser. -_-'''

I would rather the both of us swap presents.

My brother got me this necklace from Silvera or something and he said it cost him a bomb. He added that it was chosen by his friend's girlfriend. Therefore I can conclude that the friend's girlfriend does not have a good taste. I seriously think he shouldn't waste so much money on a necklace like this.

This is a Perlini Silver necklace from my aunt. I didn't expect her to get me a gift, because she seldom does so, and this is really a surprise for me. To tell the truth, I don't really fancy silver necklaces anymore because I think it's not cheap and usually it's so tiny that I can't see anything at all, therefore not very worthwhile buying. I would rather have more elaborate stuffs.

But since this is a gift from my aunt, I really like it alot, because it's the thought that counts afterall. I'm really glad she thought about me. =)

The person who gave me this look like the latter, with small eyes and bi kong da da. LOLx. Can guess who is it? I'm calling it Stupid Pig.

There's some early birds who gave me early presents too. Boonie actually gave me a pair of vintage earrings and a bohemian wrist-thingy [dont know what's the proper name for that] during the chalet already and I wore it long ago. Cherence and Weien gave me a Precious Moments watch, which I think should be quite costly. It's kind of loose and I wore it like a bracelet. Not bad, it's like an additional accessory. =) And Weien gave me a bouquet of flowers too, but I dont know the name of that. Well, it's suppose to replace lavender because he can't find lavender. Can tell he put in alot of effort in it. =) Thanks man!! That's my first bouquet of real flowers ba.

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

So the next day I had to work. -_-''' Imagine I slept at 3 the previous night and had to wake up at 11 the next morning. And too bad I can't join Weien and gang's steamboat at night. =(

Christmas at Taka was quieter, because I guess all the party ended last night. So the staff had more time chit chatting I suppose. =) Aishah [our floor manager] cooked up some nice food and I had free lunch! =) Her chicken wings are damn nice! And somehow it feels nice because it seems like all the staff are celebrating together, and you dont feel lonely at all. =)

And since I'm stopping work soon, I took a couple of pictures with some people I knew there. The people at Taka are very friendly I would say.


Yea that's Ryan aka SWAM. He looks so cartoon and spastic la, ya I know. But then he's the first person to talk to me. Can say the first friend I made there. Hmm he's alright when he doesnt sound too crappy. =)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I superly love this pic!! [despite looking very short] but then Weien and Ryan looks very nice in this, which reminds me of being the bestman during weddings. =) The other guy beside me is Chuan Yao's friend, Grant. Actually I don't know him that well. He happened to pop into the storeroom and we urge him to take photo with us. =) The more the merrier. Yep that's Chuan Yao. He's another good friend of mine in Taka. Actually say friend also not really friend, acquaintance also not really acquaintance. Whatever it is, he refuses to let me take his pic!! And he's the first to leave. Stupid Chuan Yao. I still kept in contact with him sometimes, and hope we can still keep in touch. =)

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

How do I look with Ryan's specs? I kind of like it, and it made me look so decent-looking!!! I like it!!! Maybe I can change my specs already, since my frameless has been with me for more than 2 years already. But I know my eyes look pathetically small in that pic la. =(

Yep that's Cherence, our Da Jie who really took care of us and endured our noob mistakes. But poor Weien always had to endure her scoldings. =X She did scold me once, but she specially sms and apologize to me. -_-''' It made me feel like I'm so weak that I can take in scoldings. But well, she's really a very nice person actually. =) Weien and I gave her a Swatch voucher for X'mas!!!

That's the supervisor that I said was very cool-the decent-looking ah beng. =) Actually I wanted to take a pic with Zezhong, another friend. But he sabo-ed me and told Benny [which is the supervisor] that I want to take photo with him. Actually I hinted to him la. =X Kekex. Benny is very funny. He even sms me and ask me to pay him 10 bucks because I took 2 photos with him. Not bad ba. And he's the shy kind too!!! Kekekex.... =)

When you put Benny and Cherence together, you'll get a pair of Ah Beng and Ah Lian. Hmm they look quite compatible in some ways ya?

I got sabo-ed by Zezhong again. But it made me know this supervisor also. Steven looked kind of fatherly ya? He's very nice and even wished me Merry Christmas before I left. =) That's why I say Taka staffs are nice!

Talk so much bout Zezhong, that's him! He's actually a very nice guy, but I only knew him like quite recently only. Actually he's counter is very near mine, but then he's that dao type who doesnt open up that easily to others. But I'm glad I knew him afterall because I can tell he's a nice friend, who will listen to me talk. =) He's principle is never ask a girl to pay him back. So ya gals, he's a nice catch!

You know why he's a nice catch?

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Because he's willing to spend $286 bucks on this pair of limited edition G-Factory couple watches for the girl he liked. And on top of that he planned to buy a Adidas jacket and his budget was $150. What a spendthrift ya? Lolx. But that's because the girl he like has high taste la. Therefore I think Boonie's sis is very suited for him. =X

Anyway I accompanied him to purchase this pair of watches at Scott's Isetan ok! And we went to buy during working time. Thankfully he's nice enough to talk to Cherence for me. We even got to shop a little too! =)

But the watch is really really nice, because it's limited edition. The actual one wasn't that nice la. But too bad limited edition stuffs can only be suited for people like the girl Zezhong likes.

I also want the watches lor, but too bad. It's ok!

Yep how can I forget Zhi er. She's very cute ya? And believe it not she's in Nursing! She's very friendly and very cute. And her bunch of friends are not nerds too. [Because I have a very stupid idea that nursing students are boring and nerdy =X] But too bad she left earlier than me, but I hope we can still keep in touch.

Yep this too Da-gege and Da-jiejie is just beside me selling Milton House's towels. =) I also got to know Ivan on my 2nd day of work and he's very friendly person. And his girlfriend is damn pretty!!! Fit to be a model that kind. There's once when his girlfriend saw the both of us talking, and then after that he pinched Ivan because he was talking to me. =X

And I think the both of them are very romantic!! They knew each other since 13! And then after that they still got together. Not bad ya? Ivan told me he wanted to celebrate NYE with his girlfriend at East Coast, by pitching tents and eating chips and champagne all that stuffs, and have a quiet countdown. Not bad ba...so romantic right!!! And I think they can get to see fireworks at East Coast too!! Not bad not bad. =)

Then the girl beside me was Moe. She's from Myanmar and she's a very nice girl seriously. Actually she's 28, but she's really young at heart and I think that's very good. There's no communication gap between us at all despite the difference of 12 years. I enjoy talking to her actually. Once we had dinner together and she told me alot about her life in Myanmar. She's really a very good friend, but I think it would be difficult to keep in touch. But it's nice to know her. =)

And guess what! I saw Hong Qing there a few days before I left. Really surprise to see him! He's very slack lor, and try to make friends with girls everywhere. Tsk tsk. And he took this photo with me in the presence of Benny!! [By right we aren't allowed to use our phones on the sales floor.] But then I think because I took photo with Benny before therefore he didn't yell at me. =X Thank goodness.


And thank you Weien for accompanying me throughout the 3 weeks of work. Yep, he's very nice to me, like buy me water, food, accompany me home at night, and even scolding me for spending so much money. Wah he can really be my dad, since he looked like mine too. =) Thanks alot!! =D

Notice our height difference that Weien's head had to be cut off. =X

Working in Taka made me realise something. You can have chemistry with some people, and once you see each other you can talk non-stop, like Ryan and Zezhong. But some, you may see them often, but you just don't talk to them, for eg the Jean Perry promoter, whom I didnt talk to at all.

Well I'm really sad the holidays will soon be over. And seriously I dread school alot. Don't look forward to it at all.

And to prepare myself back to study mood, I think I would spend my New Year quietly. Going to countdown or huge parties will make me feel more miserable I guess. Hopefully can go eat steamboat with my colleagues in Taka. =)

Enjoy the remaining days, for those who are starting school on 3 Jan. For those who don't, congratulations and have fun earning more money! =D

this heart of mine confessed at 12/28/2005 12:38:00 AM
0 people tried to mend this shattered heart

The Blogger.

  • Sarah, Shu Wen
  • 27 March 1989
  • sarah_coolz89@hotmail.com
  • Xinmin Secondary [2002-2005], TJC [2006], NP-Business Studies [2006-200?]

Those Days


Tagboard