Saturday, November 26, 2005

I'm employed!!!

Yesterday was a fun day for me, shopping spree-cum-job hunting the whole day with Boonie, Eve and Bonn. Bonn was stoning most of the time I guess. =X

Boonie came over early in the morning and we glanced through all the advertisements on the Straits Times. There's certainly more temp jobs available now compared to the last time I read the papers.

Then we copied down numbers, but most of them are looking for people who wants to work for at least 3 months. I almost got a job at Coffee Club. But after the person heard that I only want to work for only 1 month, she rejected me immediately. =( All because of the dumb first 3 months! If not because of that, I'll be employed easily! Maybe even get to work in S&K ok! I got rejected so many times yesterday then I become so demoralised. But Boonie was getting bolder each time. How different we are. And thank god for that difference.

So in the end we've got a waitress job at Suntec through Jack's recommendation. =) Still, I think it's important to have contacts when finding jobs. And Wei En introduced me to some sales promotor job too. Hopefully I can get it, though the person doesnt seem keen to employ people going to 3 months. Thanks guys!! It feels good to be employed!

Eve and Bonn were very patient too. Walking around and waiting for us as we look for jobs. Thanks guys!! Love you all lots!!! And shopping with Eve was damn fun man, because she always seem to get all the best deals and bargains!! So happy! First we went to Missha and I bought myself a nail polish-again. Bought Infant Pink this time round, because I've made up my mind not to buy weird colours like green and white. lolx.

And then we also went to a warehouse sale of branded fragrances at Suntec's convention thingy. All thanks to Eve for that intro. =) I think she loves fragrances! Know what to get for her next time. We bought a Givenchy small pouch, where there's a small sample of the Very Irresistibly fragrance, and body gel and lotion. Good for giving others as a Christmas gift and it only cost 3 bucks!!! So cheap!! But I'm not going to give that to anyone cause I like the smell of that. There's also some sample fragrance that only cost 10 cents can. So cheap! I know those samples are those that people will give as testers, but well, I'm willing to be conned.

I also bought my shoes for grad nite at VNC. VNC is cheaper than Charles and Keith, and the designs are nicer! Next time shall go there. =) And it only took me awhile to decide which shoe I wanted, cause Boonie kept feeding me lots of shoes to match my dress, and it made me make up my mind faster. =) And I finally chose a $21.90 pair. So cheap!! Thankfully all my grad night stuffs are below my expected budget man.

I want to go shopping with Eve-mama again. She's so fun!! Think she's one of the juniors I'll miss alot. Oh I miss Jon-didi too! So long never see him liao. I want more shopping spree! I demand for more!!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway I've chosen my JCs for the first 3 months. My dad will be happy to death ya? But I'm really glad my mum didnt force me at all. She was ok with the idea that I wanted to go Poly for nursing, but she told me that I must be very sure of my decision. I'm glad about that, because it seems that everyone doesnt want me to go Nursing, even my brother.

My choices:
1st: TJC (S)
2nd: TJC (A)
3rd: AJC ( S)
4th: NYJC (S)
5th: MJC (S)
6th:NYJC (A)
7th:MJC (A)

Whatever it is, just hope that 3 months wont be a waste of time. =)

this heart of mine confessed at 11/26/2005 03:17:00 PM
0 people tried to mend this shattered heart

The Blogger.

  • Sarah, Shu Wen
  • 27 March 1989
  • sarah_coolz89@hotmail.com
  • Xinmin Secondary [2002-2005], TJC [2006], NP-Business Studies [2006-200?]

Those Days


Tagboard