Saturday, October 22, 2005

It takes 70% Fate and 30% Chemistry

I believe that fate controls our lives to a large extent. Fate brought 505 to the same class, and we came together and become best friends. While Chemistry can be slowly built, for example, I've known Christine like since Sec 1, but we became closer this year. Without fate, I wouldn't have known Christine in the first place.

Ok I know this sounds a little crap.

Today I received an unexpected SMS from Yong Kang. He asked me when is my birthday and told me that he had got a perfect gift for me already.

Well, I have a feeling that in the end the gift won't land in my hands, but still I'm glad that he had the thought, and he still remembered me after all these years.

First, let me clarify. I know I sound like I like this guy but I don't. I'm just touched that he even remembered me, because we rarely talked nowadays.

Actually I've known Yong Kang for many years. He was a good online friend of mine and seriously I can't remember how I know him. I think I went IRC during Sec 1[I know, I was a naive adolescent] and I know someone from SA. Then through some friend's introduction I happened to know Yong Kang. I remember my brother had appendicitis then and was hospitalised. While being there, Yong Kang 'accompanied' the gruelling hours by SMS-ing me, and that's how we became good friends.

Then as I know him a little better, I realised he's a big flirt and playboy. Ok I don't know if my assumptions then were true. I just knew that he constantly changed girlfriends and when he told me about them, I have lost count and lost track of who is who. My impression of him started to change and I started avoiding him, because I don't want a flirt as my friend.

And once I promised to help his mum made some beaded bracelets [or whatever that's called] for her to sell, because I can earn a commission of 2 bucks each I think. Can't remember. I made them, and he didnt give me my commission and I was very pissed because I felt cheated. My impression of him worsened then.

We kept in contact very rarely, and it gets more and more rare as years go by. But still, he came and support me in Melizo last year and personally looked for me backstage. And he came during Homecoming too, with his then Nan Chiau girlfriend of course. I thought that he was trying to show off his girlfriend to me then, and was kinda annoyed by his taste of girls. Hahaz.

But well, now his girlfriend is someone from RGS. Thankfully it's not another naive bouncy bunny, although he said he'll show me to her one day. I pray hard that he don't, because I'll turn out to be the shortest among them and it's so awkward!!

Despite all my dislike for him, and constantly ignoring him when he wants to talk, he still remembered me and support me in all the school event I had. [Actually 2 only la] While I didn't attend of his school events at all. And I feel that I've been a bad friend.

Oh well, things are different. An unexpected SMS like today will do and make me very glad that I had not made the wrong friend. I've also come to accept that since he's my friend, although not that close, I have to accept that he used to be a 'playboy', or whatever.

It is fate, that Yong Kang and I became friends, since we were never in the same school and were once quite close. I hope I can treat him better next time. =p
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I'm quite worried about a fact I've began to realise lately.

Can 2 persons walking different paths ever meet?

Can 2 person from different worlds be together?

I'm really afraid of walking to cross-roads where a decision had to be made. I'm afraid things will never be the same anymore.

There's alot of 'If only' in my head now. People are always like that. They'll only treasure the thing they have when they are about to lose it. Maybe my worry is just self-created, I certainly hoped.

But well, I believe there's not much I can do. Everything lies with a fate, including a little effort made by both parties.

So I'll pray hard that all friendships can be like the 'weird' friendship of Yong Kang and me, if not better. =)

this heart of mine confessed at 10/22/2005 12:11:00 AM
0 people tried to mend this shattered heart

The Blogger.

  • Sarah, Shu Wen
  • 27 March 1989
  • sarah_coolz89@hotmail.com
  • Xinmin Secondary [2002-2005], TJC [2006], NP-Business Studies [2006-200?]

Those Days


Tagboard