Sunday, August 14, 2005
MTV Get Spotted!
I announced that Accesorize had become my one of my favourite shops. I love their necklaces, bangles, etc etc. They are so nice, yet so expensive. I love those Bohemian kind of necklace u know. But in the end I saw a nice necklace at some other unattractive boutique which only cost $6.90!! What a deal! Though the beads weren't of the best quality, but it's acceptable for me. =)
My first Bohemian necklace.
So we went shop shop, with Sherman too. We shopped till really it's very boring, because we have shopped at Bugis for multitudinous times and can walked with our eyes closed I guess. So we actually wanted to rest our feet, but we were being approached by the many promoters at Paco and wanted us to try their new Acuvue Advance contact lens.
For your information, I didn't wear contacts today because I wanted to give my eyes a rest. And I realise everytime I didn't wear contacts, my self-esteem will fall really really low. Worse of all, Xiaobian dressed up really nice today, and I wore just a plain ah soh top and bottom, of course my self-confidence was low.
BUT, back to the main thing, Sherman and I decided to try to the new free trail of contact lens. It's really better that I expected. It's bi-weekly and there's degree in it. I remember trying some contact lens years ago and it's degree-less, and I have to take it off immediately after putting it on.
This is the first time Sherman put contacts, so he must be very excited. But he's a total failure in wearing contacts.
And the optimetrist who attended who us was so damn attitude! I know we may be young kids wanting to play play and not serious in buying your products, but can you treat us as your customers? Your staff is the one who urged us to try your new brand of contacts ok?
But anyway, I think Acuvue is better than Soflens. I feel more comfortable in them.
So after that, just right behind the Acuvue promotion, there was this event going on called 'MTV Get Spotted'
Actually earlier before that, Xiaobian was attracted to that, because there's a free Anna Sui makeover. She's sort of obsessed with Anna Sui actually. Hehex. But I repudiate because I was kind of shy to be on TV and I dont really know what I can say, despite the attractive makeover!
But after putting on contacts, like I said, it somehow boost my confidence, I dragged Xiaobian to the MTV place and urged her to join with me. This time I was really attracted to the Anna Sui makeover. And this time it was Xiaobian's turn to get reluctant, because she didn't know what to say.
Then luckily, one of the 'promoters' [i cant find another suitable word, my english sucks] asked us if we wanted to join MTV Get Spotted, and this is a good chance, so in the end, we signed up for the thing!! yeah! I just know I'm so influential. =P

That's us while waiting for our turn for the makeover.
There's a mixture of nervousness and excitement. We started rehearsing what we wanted to say, and I chose Simple Plan's Untitled! One of my all-time favourites! We even unembarrasingly asked someone if the Untitled MTV is about drunk drivers. We actually wanted to say: Hey everyone! I'm Angie, Sarah, Sherman. [All] We would like to dedicate the next music video to our friends in Singapore[Sherman], especially to our best friends Bernice, Liyue and Dorcas[me]. And to all those taking O's this year, good luck and all the best. And also dedicate this to all drivers[xiaobian], if you drink dont drive, if you drive dont drink[All].
What a nice speech right! But it was eventually cut of by the 'director' and we only said, " Hi everyone...[introduce ourselves]...We would like to dedicate the next music video to our friends in Singapore. Thank you for watching MTV Get Spotted. Bye~
So short, sweet, and simple. Good enough.
Look at my fugly hair! I know it's fugly. The makeup artist is really quite professional. She put all orange makeup one me, to match my yellow top. I look v bright and cheery! =) Makeover is so fun! You just sit there, waiting to be transformed into another new person.
Sherman even got the hairdresser person to style his hair. He finally had a dream come true, because he's a failure at styling his own hair. The hair stylist is quite professional too. She gave temporary hair straightening to both xiaobian and I. I think I look good with straight hair, and my fugly fringe is gone too! I think she saved me, from a nut case to a wild girl. Seriously after my hair is all straightened, I look very wild, but everyone say it's nice! Maybe I look better if I'm more wild eh. Best of all, there's no fugly fringe.
Anyone want to sponsor me in rebonding? kekex...
Compare my fringe to the one before makeover. My hair is so 'cue' at first right, but now it's so nice!! I love it! I know I look spastic in this one, because I cant get the nicer uploaded. Too bad~
Xiaobian looked pretty too, with long straight hair. I love her blush and lip colour better than mine, but she doesnt like her purple eye shadow. That's true. Purple eyeshadow are for people who are more mature [old in another words, hahaz]
Sherman and his proudly styled hair! He said he love it too. Shuai ba, with his contacts too.
That's us with the makeover. Nice nice? hehez. It's certainly a very nice experience. This is the first time I'm so daring to go for makeovers and appear on TV. First time!
And I must really thank Xiaobian for being so supportive and on with me. If not for her, I won't dare to try to go on TV alone and then I wont have such a nice makeover. Look how happy we were!! =D It's so fun!
I actually wanted to post more pics of me, to brag how pretty I am =P. Just joking lar, because after I washed my hair, it started to curl at the ends again, Haix, and I'm back to my fugly self. I will not sadden myself further with prelims. But I really had a fun time today!!
May I be mei mei always~
0 people tried to mend this shattered heart