Friday, July 01, 2005

SYF Opening Ceremony at Esplanade

Today was cool! I'm like looking forward to this day during the whole of this week, because at least it isnt some boring studying stuff, and it's fun! And also for once in a long time, I felt proud to be in Xinmin and XM Chorale.

We reached there at around 5 plus, and after the rehearsals we can wander off on our own until 7. But where can we wander to, wearing that horrible gown and in horrendous make up. We are so 'outstanding' from the crowd definitely.

So Ling, Boonie and I 'wandered' off to some cushioned seats, which were hard and uncomfortable. Naturally, we started singing unshamefully whatever we know, anime songs, phantom of opera, old choir songs, pop, WHATEVER... We laughed alot too, hitting each other blah blah, kinda remind me of the times in Sec 1.

Then, there was this lady who walked up to us and asked us which school we are from, and we proudly say we're from Xinmin Secondary. And the reason she asked us was because she heard us singing and then she asked if we're the choir performing later, and also what time we're performing. =)

Actually besides the 'someone' whom we particularly dislike, I really love being a part of Xinmin and am proud to be one. There's extremely dedicated teachers (most of them at least) and the people there are passionate and enthusiastic (except for a few exception). I guess as people grow older, you'll lose that kind of passion and zest and liveliness in you, and also you tend not to accept other's flaws as easily as before. That's the sad truth we have to face, but I certainly hope I can refrain from becoming into that.

Back to Esplanade, before we assemble, Ling had an absurd idea of playing with the lift. I refused to throw my face at first, but well, we went and to prevent ourselves from disgracing ourselves further we went right down to the mrt level and took the elevator up, where there were many people, and we certainly 'stood out'. How crazy is that.

So we sang for the crowd, feeling proud of ourselves. I think "When You Believe" was the best because it earned us alot of applause. The acoustics there isnt that bad as I expected, at least I can hear resonance, even though I couldnt really hear myself. So we performed, and paused, performed, and paused, waiting for that darn minister to come. And when he came, he only heard half of Viva La Musica, and it made us learn so many idiotic movements only 2 days before. Somehow I dont feel appreciated by the efforts we put in for this day.

Anyway I enjoyed myself, and I guess it should be one of the performances I enjoyed most. I really hope I can be in a choir for the rest of my life. But is that possible? With more and more commitments and responsibilities coming into my life...?

Prelims are in 7 weeks time, and O levels in exactly 4 months time. And I'm so not prepared. Mrs Low will definitely cringe, if she ever reads this. She thinks we're superheroes and expects so much from us. Sometimes I really want to do a good job of everything, but I just dont have enough time, or maybe they are just practically excuses, because look what I'm doing now at this time [blogging]. I guess I have to really whack myself awake and start revision. I'm feeling so insecure.

Sometimes I really wished I can stop growing up...

this heart of mine confessed at 7/01/2005 11:57:00 PM
0 people tried to mend this shattered heart

The Blogger.

  • Sarah, Shu Wen
  • 27 March 1989
  • sarah_coolz89@hotmail.com
  • Xinmin Secondary [2002-2005], TJC [2006], NP-Business Studies [2006-200?]

Those Days


Tagboard