Monday, July 04, 2005

Appreciate others, please

I have a friend, who keeps lamenting that his/her friends does not treasure him/her, and does not appreciate what he/she had done for them although he/she had tried his/her best to be nice to others.

But the contradicting thing is, my this friend, does not appreciate his/her friends as well, especially those who always had been there for him/her and appreciated him/her. I guess he/she want a particular group of people to appreciate him/her, but they didnt, and yet he/she did not acknowledge those who will be there for him and in turn treasure them. Sometimes I even think that he/she prefers the new to the old. (xi xin yan jiu)

At times, when I know that he/she is feeling quite upset about certain things, I will try my best to cheer him/her up, but instead of a smile or simple 'thank you' which may mean nothing, I get a cold shoulder, implying that " I'm frustrated enough, please dont bother me." At first I thought it was my fault for not being sensitive to his/her feelings, and I blamed myself for that. But now, come to think of it, I think the fault doesnt lie with me. The whole world doesnt owe him/her a living, and why is he/she always getting upset over stupid stuffs. At least I bothered to approach him/her, and yet he/she does not appreciate this little, tiny gesture. Yea, maybe he/she wants somebody to go the extra mile to cheer him/her up, but too bad, I'm not the somebody, but doesnt he/she have to give me the cold shoulder?

I hope he/she doesnt do this to others too.

I use this as a good example to remind myself that I should really treasure and appreciate those around me, and be extra nice to those who are nice to me. Only when you appreciate others, others will then appreciate you. If others doesnt appreciate me the way I am, fine! I'll just make sure I appreciate others.

And to that friend, he/she is afterall my good friend, and I accept him/her the way he/she is. But I hope he/she will realise the fact that there are actually many people who had been nice to him/her, and he/she should return the favour of being nice to them.

this heart of mine confessed at 7/04/2005 11:03:00 AM
0 people tried to mend this shattered heart

The Blogger.

  • Sarah, Shu Wen
  • 27 March 1989
  • sarah_coolz89@hotmail.com
  • Xinmin Secondary [2002-2005], TJC [2006], NP-Business Studies [2006-200?]

Those Days


Tagboard