Thursday, June 23, 2005

My Perth Trip [15 June-21 June]

First thing in the morning while going to Changi Airport, I received an overseas call from Yovi. I was so ecstatic because she still remembered I was going to Perth that day. Anyway she told me not to call her before 4 because she was having exams. But the sad thing was, we went to the farm place which is quite rural and there was no reception at that area, so I couldnt call her. And after a few days when I'm at Perth City, I cant contact her either. I was so dejected and felt that I sort of wasted a good chance to see her. Haix...

Day 1.15 June

Anyway, Sherman and I were actually sort of late, as we were supposed to reach there by 7. Everyone was there with their parents, their whole family, and it's such a heartwarming scene [sort of]. My parents left quite early because they have to rush off for work. And before we officially checked in, Boonie had a msg saying that Bonn was around. Everyone was already going inside the departure gates already, but we were still frantically looking for that Bonn. That stupid Bonn come and send Boonie off only, still hide in a corner want us to look for him. What kind of guy is that man!! And thankfully they have such a good friend like me who knows how to make myself scarse and let them talk, and I sort of 'forced' Bonn to say he'll miss Boonie. LOLX! how fun! Anyway I was suppose to make it less awkward for them, and I'm sure Bonn would say that to her even if I didnt force him.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

There! Their first pic taken together, and who's that kind soul who took it for them?
Ans: Me!

Eve and Ling were damn 'angry' with Bonn 'cause he only came to see Boonie. If I'm not with Boonie I wont get to see him too.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Some pics we took before we fly. The 3 of us manage to sit together, but I was really very ill-fated to sit on the seat with a spoilt remote control, and I was so frustrated by that fact, 'cause when I want to change the channels, it took me a great deal of time. And the fault doesnt lie with me, IT'S THE REMOTE!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That's the card that xiao-bian gave me the night before and she insists I open it on the plane. This is evidence I really opened it only on the plane ok? hehez i really love the drawing!

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

I totally love this SIA pillow,'cause it's so cuddly!! Look how comfortabe Boonie is sleeping. She keeps sleeping on the plane u know, she says that the plane is boring. But there are so many entertainment onboard that I dont bear to sleep. Anyway if anyone is taking SQ flight, can you please please kope this cuddly purple pillow for me? I wanna kope it but my bag is already stuffed with barang barang.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

I think the plane's food improved alot. I remember having only some stupid oily fried rice, but this time it looks more appealing. I had some chicken thingy with mashed potatoes. YUMMY! Boonie had some fish rich or something, and the fact that she's eating means the food is nice.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

First stop, we went to Gravity Cosmo Centre[i think the name is wrong, I cant remember what it's called already]. We had a BBQ dinner (or suppose to be). The food is quite little, and not that nice either. But who cares.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Evidence the food was horrible. I had so much leftovers. Ling was disgusted by the food as well as in pain...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

As I expected, it's really nice there and the best thing it's dark enough to see stars. It's really beautiful. Look how bright the moon is. Too bad I cant capture stars, because the camera's resolution isnt that great. But good things must be seen with your own eyes. And million words still cannot explain how beautiful the sight is. And it's really very romantic wor...and the weather is cool! Seriously I think Singapore suffers from too much light pollution.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

The weather is actually quite cold in the night, especially when we're at the more rural areas. And Boonie has to put on gloves. Doesnt she look like Mickey? hehez...This is the place where we view the constellations and planets of the solar system from these huge, gigantic telescopes, some of which we had to climb a ladder to see the stars. We managed to see jupiter as well, and I think my dad would be really thrilled to come here, 'cause he loves learning about stars and the planets.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Finally after a long flight, we reached the place where we can oink oink! Orchard Glory Farm!! The house behind is actually the main place where we'll be having our breakfast the next morning, and both of us were f-r-e-e-z-i-n-g...
The cottage I live in consists of Samantha, Huiling, Christine, Shan Shan and Joanne. Not too bad (Jon's favourite line) I guess, but I was quite disappointed that Boonie wasnt in the same room as us.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

So that's our little haven for 2 days. First impression, the place is awesome! Second impression, the place is still awesome. It's very new and has modern furniture. Cosy for that cold weather too. And once you step out of the door you can see a mini orchard where there are mandarin trees, and the sky looks like a black velvet cloth studded with millions of diamonds. AwEsOme~
Ling and I slept outside, next to the fireplace, and our blankets do not have thermal heater. The only source of heat comes from the fireplace. But in the middle of the night when the fire wood finished burning, both of us were freezing like hell. But anyway, it's really cosy.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

There is our 'xian qi liang mu' Samantha! She's cooking some apples for us. By the way, there are real pots and pans and a microwave too. We managed to stock up on instant food stuffs as well.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

There's the mini fireplace I've been talking about. Sam is busy trying to set up a good fire that would last us through the night. I really wish this little cottage is my house, so cute and cosy!


Day 2. 16 June
This day is the coldest of all, because it was raining the whole day, plus there's wind too. I underestimated the weather and was really cold. I remember when I went to Korea in the past, the weather was colder than this, but I didnt feel cold at all, maybe because my kiasu parents made me wear lots of clothes till I look like a ba zhang. And this time, I packed the luggage myself, and my mum didnt check what i brought either. It's good I guess, learn to be more independent.

Anyway that's where we had our breakfast...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The breakfast is prepared by the host, or the owner of the farm, which should be less than 5 people only. That's a great deal! 5 people to cook for around 50 people. Breakfast at Australia is always nice, because there's bacon! yum yum..

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Just outside the cafe there's this area where there is this pond, and it has white duckies swimming in there. I remember Jun Heng once quacked to the duckies and all the ducks began quacking with him, making alot of din. And the bushes behind Boonie and Huiling has glow worms at night, another beautful sight. And that house behind me and Lisa is where the owner of the farm live. I think their lifestyle is really relaxing and slow-paced. Maybe I should consider living there.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

You will never be able to do this in Singapore. This shows how cold the weather is and we had fun doodling on the window screens. I'm sure you can make out what the writings are.. =)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That's the monastary at New Norcia we went to, where we met Mr Jeremy Fletcher, the organist in the monastary. And that pretty ang moh lady there is our tour guide for the day, Belinda. She's really pretty and she's getting married soon, that's what she told us. Even inside the monastary we were already frozen stiff, and can you imagine when we walked outside, with the rain and wind and all.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

That's the organ in the monstary and it has over 200 pipes. That's my first time coming into close contact with a organ, and now I'm wondering if the organ in Victoria Concert Hall still works.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Caught a glimpse of Mr Fletcher. He taught us to sing Gregorian Chants. Not too difficult I guess.Can you believe the monks pray 5 times a day? And the last one they had to stay there from 8pm to the next morning I think, without talking, because they believe they can find peace that way. I would never consider being a monk!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sort of forced Yi Xuan to take this pic for us. It was raining and both of us were like jumping around in the cold.

Then we had lunch at some chapel and the food suck. The weather was so cold already and we still had cold sandwiches for lunch. Haix. I craved for a bowl of hot soup or pork porridge at that point of time.
After lunch we had sort of choir rehearsal at the chapel. The chapel was beautiful I guess. They had paintings on the dome-shaped structure and it looks like the pictures are popping out. And singing there was a piece of cake compared to the choir room.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Many of the chapels there have this similar design. Actually Day 2 was quite boring la, see chapels and art gallery only.


Day 3. 17 June

Early in the morning before we had our breakfast we went a nearby orchard to see the orange plantation. Sunkist!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We sat on the tram thingy and the owner of the farm brought us around. The weather today is pretty nice. No rain finally, and I really enjoyed the fresh air.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I'm so tempted to pluck one fruit down. They look really yummy! Actually there's a name for this particular Sunkist orange, but I forgot it already. Hehex.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

After that we went back to have breakfast, then went to see sheep shearing. The poor sheeps are being locked in this small enclosed space. We were all quite cold and this sheep shearer just wore a mere piece of singlet. STRONG! But he's quite skilled in it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Then we went to the winery. It's such a boring place let's not talk about it. So we went to the fields outside for some fresh air.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

There we were, being some lazy cows lying on the grass. We rolled down the hill too, but didnt manage to take a pic of that. Hahaz that was really fun. Another thing we cant do in Singapore. I was actually squinting because the sun was very glaring and I cant open my eyes. I look like I'm going to cry. Boo!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Baa Baa Black Sheep have you any wool? Yes this is the black sheep. I always thought they have black fur, so the nursery rhyme book is wrong!
We get to feed the sheeps and the llama (dunno how to spell). I hate the llama because they're so rough and they'll bite your hand and drool on it. Yuck!

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

So that's the few last pics we took at the little farm (not so little actually) at a rural town call Bindoon (i think). Seriously if i have a choice i would prefer to live there throughout the 6 days, but sad we have to move to the city and live in that creepy Commodore Hotel.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Look at the vast difference and the scared look on Ling's face. The design is very victorian and the furniture looks so creepy. Once we step in the curtain wasnt drawn and we can see the chapel opposite and it was so scary! While taking the lift down, we accidentally pressed 1 instead of G, and when the door opened at 1, everything was pitch dark and it look like it's undergoing some construction thingy. SCARY! But we pretended we didnt see anything and chatted away. After that Boonie and I went over to Sam's room to sleep while Ling went over to Eve's. And our room was empty throughout the 3 days. I still prefer 5 people squeezing together, and it wasnt too squashy either, except Boonie kept curling while she slept and she once slept on my pillow, and I had to push her away.

Oh ya! How can I forget. We went sand-boarding as well! It's was really fun, yet another thing we cant do in Singapore. I'm beginning to find Singapore a little pathetic. I cant really explain how fun it went, and I dont have any pics to show. But anyone going to Perth must really try sand-boarding. In the end we ate alot of sand too. =)

Day 4. 18 June

The next day we went to the Macadamia Nut Farm. The happier thing was that we bought alot of Macadamia nuts, and I like caramel the best!

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

That the macadamia nut that is riped, and the other one is when the shell is removed.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

These are the 2 different nutcrackers used to crack the macadamia nut. I never tried the turning thing before. And when Mrs Khor was using the hammering one, she place that thing on the table and started hammering it real hard. I was so afraid she'll break the table and for pig's sake the correct way is to hold it up like what Danny is doing. I kindly told her that she has to hold it and she yelled at me," NO..NO!" Then after that the person walked by and told her she's supposed to hold it. Orbi! Throw her own face. Cant stand this type of 'trying to be smart' people. She's one of the 'can't stand' people throughout my trip. She's really very naggy man!

Next we went to Frementle War Memorial.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Just took some photos there, it's nothing much actually, and I forgot the memorial is for what purpose already.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Quite nice scenery right? When can you see such clear skies in Singapore? And look down there, the yang niu are running about in short skirts!! Obviously the guys were drooling, but I'm wondering if they feel cold.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Danny is going to drool! hahaz...Look how cheeky he was. And his nails are painted! Good job done by Andrina. hahaz. (think he's going to kill me for showing his gay pics ba)

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Then we went somewhere nearby to have our Fish and Chips lunch. Fish and Chips is very popular in Australia, and their portion is really huge. They call it ' Fush N Chups'. The place is full of seagulls and it reminds me of Finding Nemo.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hahaz...I've never come across such a cute sign before. S.O.Y. basically means Shit On You. Nice!

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

The Fish N Chips are actually wrapped in this oil blotting paper, and we have to use our hands to eat, somewhat new to me. And the first bite of it was-----HEAVENLY! The fresh white meat is tender, with the crispy skin!
They eat it with salt and vinegar, not the usual tartar. But I'm too lazy to put salt and vinegar onto my fish, so I just settled by eating it with their unique chilli sauce. The sauce is another delicious thing. But by the 2nd fish, I'm beginning to get sick of it already, because it's too oily, and you really dont feel like eating anymore. But I managed to finish it, except the soggy fries.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

So after lunch we had fun taking pics again! yeah!! Maybe this is the last pic I took with my brother when I'm taller than him.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Sam and Huiling still cant resist having icecream. It's Bud's icecream you know. Nice. And they say the guy selling icecream is shuai, but I didnt get to see him. Anyway I'm not interested in Caucasian guys. I think Asian guys look better. For example, when I was having dinner at the Japanese restaurant, I was sort of 'dian dao' by this Asian guy, couldnt really tell where he's from, but somewhat he looks jap. I also think jap little boys are kawaii-ne!! Ok, sorry for the little digression..

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Then we went for the boring Aboriginal Talk. This is the tree that girls cant live without. Can you guess?
Ans:Tea Tree =)
hahaz..without it, my pimples wont be cured!

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
That's Sebas modelling with the something the Aboriginals wear. I think he looks cute ON PHOTOS. I repeat ON PHOTOS! hahaz. not bad sia...alot of the guys tried to blow the digeridoo too. Dont they find it disgusting? I was like expecting saliva to flow out from the bottom, but thankfully I didnt see anything. hahaz.

Then we also went to Fremantle Market to shop. Suppose to find great deals there, but things are not cheap either, and there's nothing much except fruits, souvenirs and exotic jewellery and shells. But I bought some lavender buds that smell so nice! And a packet of lavender tea too, which cost me 5 bucks. Not too bad~

Day 5. 19 June

Sunday morning! Finally we can sing! Went to a Catholic Church just opposite of Commodore, and the choir boys range from 8 years old onwards. How cool! I nearly froze to death in the church. And somehow when we're there I felt like we're 2nd class citizens. The Father pronounced our name like it's 'Zing Ming Sex School'. How rude! Plus I dont like the cocky choir 'conductor'. He's there comparing our choir with his choir, and is that the way you treat your visitors? Obviously he's a racist!!
Anyway the little boys there are cute. And I gave a Chinese boy (i assume) a toy dolphin. hahaz..Danny gave someone a golden pig! (jin zhu) hahaz...so cute!

Anyway that's a pic I took of the church we sang in.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sebas saw it and he say I take until very lousy.=( How sad. Anyway Huiling help me to whack him already.

Next we went to Caversham Wildlife Park..nice place...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Why are there so many extras...huh huh??

First we went to see the kangaroos!!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

They are such lazy animals. Sleep on the grass the whole day. But I enjoyed feeding them! hahaz...at least they're not so rough like the llama.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
And they're not so cute as I expected. But the toy ones are. =)

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
Peek-a-boo!! That's the toy puppet Boonie bought at the souvenir shop. It's cute!!

Next is not for the eyes of 16 years and below. Rated PG/NC-16.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

This is part of the reason why I dont like white kangaroos. Now everyone knows about the fucking kangaroos. They are so open! Think Andrina even had a video of it. And standard not bad ba...I took this with my left hand while feeding the brown kangaroos (aka Red kangaroo).

Then we went to see the wombats...they are really huge..
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is a She and she weighs 35kg. We actually can carry her and take a photograph together, but she was shitting! And she didnt want us to carry her. In the end the person in charge didnt let us carry her. Sad. But guess what I saw in my brother's cam.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
He's carrying it!! Obviously this wombat wants to be carried by guys only! Hmph! Bad wombat!

Nevermind, I prefer koalas. They are much cuter.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

So cute right? Both me and the koalas...hehez ok just kidding. Too bad we cant carry them. They look so huggable!! So cute!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I saw this in my brother's cam!! He's certainly a better photographer than I am. So close up. I wanna bring a koala home too!!

Ok that's all for the park. Next we went to a Chocolate Factory at Margaret River. The chocolates there are expensive. $1.45 each. I see liao wanted to buy, but the price shocked me to death. So i chose to pamper myself with icecream, seeing so many people queuing up for icecream. I manage to get Jon-didi to share with me too, so that I wont have to pay so much. hehz. BUT, the sad this is, halfway while eating, the cone break and the whole icecream dropped onto the floor. Just like that! ='( So sad lor!! It cost 4 Aussie dollars ok! And I very dui bu qi didi. =(. Moral of the story is, dont share icecream with me. I'm a jinx. =(. But anyway, didi was very nice, thankfully he didnt scold me. And he bought me a box of chocolates that has 7 chocolates in it, knowing that I dont have money to buy them and I like to eat them. Jon-didi is so nice!! It cost $10.95 you know, for just 7 pathetic chocolates. But seriously they are nice!! Those that you eat and wont get a sorethroat.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Anyway I finished all of them already. Delicious! Thanks didi!

Day 6. 20 June

This day was quite memorable, because we went to the John Forrest Senior High School and had some interaction with the local students. But sad thing, they are mostly girls, and the choir is made up of girls. Anyway like I said I'm not interested in caucasian guys, but the girls there are really nice. They showed us around the school and chatted with us. And while walking pass the classes, some nasty boys kept yelling 'Konnichi-wa' at us, thinking that we're Japanese. This shows how shallow their brain is, thinking that all Asians are Japanese. And Eve told me that some of them tried to point the middle finger with with their last finger. How strange. They think our middle finger is the last finger. One thing I dont like about Australia is that Asians would be treated as a 2nd class citizen.Boo! Dont like that!

Anyway here are some pics of the school.
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Look how spacious their school is compared to our enclosed prison. They only have 2 levels while we have around 4! And they have lesser subjects to handle, and sports is consider as a subject, including photography and dancing! jealous! Singapore is so tough to study in.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
These are some of the pretty girls there. I think they're only 14 years old! And they're already taller than me, when I'm 16!! Sorry I cant find the Alicia Keys lookalike girl. She's only 13 and she's already half a head taller than me, and definitely looked more mature. I wonder what they eat there. But they have nice blue eyes!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
These are some pics we took there. Ah Bian(3) (Flat) is so cute! He's the apple of the eye of everyone in choir, especially Mr Yong. And Ah Bian calls me Ah Soh, and gives everyone nicknames, like Joanne's is Mo jo JoAnne. hahaz...So cute!! I want a son like him!!He looks like my real godbrother. Same type of smile.

After lunch we went to Kings Park, another boring place.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Actually I planned to take only our group's photo, but when I saw it on my cam, suddenly so many people pop out! hahaz but anyway it's fun!

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

That's the bridge of the tree-top trail. I was actually taking the words on the bridge. It says : To all those who love to play... and dare to dream. thank you. I like the fonts actually. And that the other shows how high up we were above ground.

And finally we're getting ready to go back to Singapore. Here's a picture with the most important person throughout the whole 6 days---Uncle Rick, our coach captain. They dont call him the bus driver, Coach captain does more work than driver.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Dont he look very fatherly? He's a great coach captain, who looks after us well.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

A few more pics before we leave. This is at Perth International Airport, and we're quite tired by then already.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Yo Yo! Do i look punk? hehez...I'm showing off my new converse visor. Got the same one as Lisa, and I think a few other had that too. I love it! But i think soon it will belong to my brother le. =(

And finally Group A! We're all the 'lao da jie' in choir. hahaz..sounds so old! This is truly an enjoyable trip!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Actually there's alot of pics and alot of interesting things. I filtered all these pics again and again already, and it's already 2.37 am. Yawn...Think I shant be so naggy like Mrs Khor also.

For more pictures, you may wish to visit http://photobucket.com/albums/v246/carnesir/Perth%20trip%202005/
ACtually this is also filtered de..hehez..

this heart of mine confessed at 6/23/2005 03:55:00 PM
0 people tried to mend this shattered heart

The Blogger.

  • Sarah, Shu Wen
  • 27 March 1989
  • sarah_coolz89@hotmail.com
  • Xinmin Secondary [2002-2005], TJC [2006], NP-Business Studies [2006-200?]

Those Days


Tagboard